Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine - Fulltimers (1 Viewer)

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
At one today, they are discussing people living fulltime in caravans if anyone is interested!

Nigel and Pamala

For anybody interested, this part of the programme is about to start after the next record. (12:40)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Sorry for the wrong time, I was shouted at from Nigel in the workshop that it was starting at 1p.m. but as you can hear it is being discussed at the moment.

Pamala

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Just read the newspaper article. Trailer Trash eh. Isnt that rascist :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Havent got a radio handy to listen and media palyers are blocked on this computer
Jim
:roflmto:

Thankfully, the programme was mainly concerned with those using HOLIDAY static caravans as PERMANENT residences.
The local counciller was concerned that council tax was not being payed. What he conveniently forgot to include was that even HOLIDAY static owners pay a few grand a year in pitch fees, a not unsubstantial part of which goes straight to the council in the form of rates!

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Thankfully, the programme was mainly concerned with those using HOLIDAY static caravans as PERMANENT residences.
The local counciller was concerned that council tax was not being payed. What he conveniently forgot to include was that even HOLIDAY static owners pay a few grand a year in pitch fees, a not unsubstantial part of which goes straight to the council in the form of rates!

Correct and what about the revenue from the campers pockets into the local shops, pubs, clubs an bars etc.:Doh:

We tend to keep away from Wales now, why, because our travel pass isn't valid there. :shout:

Jim
:Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Just a comment from the point of view of accuracy.

Part of the pitch fee will go toward the business rates(not council tax) which the site owner is charged. The amount of business rates payable is determined by central government, not local authorities.

Local authorities collect the business rates but pass them on in their entirety to central government where they are used as one source of income for the rate support grant which is paid to local authorities by central government.

The amount of business rates collected in any given local authority area bears no relationship to the amount which the local authority receives from central government.

Simple ain't it :Smile:

Graham

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
We tend to keep away from Wales now, why, because our travel pass isn't valid there.

Jim

I have never been able to understand why a bus pass issued in one part of the UK is not valid in other parts! or could it be thet the UK is no longer United??

Doug...

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
IMO Jeremy Vine is highly opionated and biased, I thought the BBC is supposed to be unbiased but you should here him go on about stuff and take sides :swear:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
IMO Jeremy Vine is highly opionated and biased, I thought the BBC is supposed to be unbiased but you should here him go on about stuff and take sides :swear:

Hmmmmmm, generally speaking, I'd have to agree with you, but to be fair, I thought he showed a pretty fair attitude towards the subject today(much as it pains me to say it!:ROFLMAO:)

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off

Can't be doing with the man,12.00 the radio in the truck goes off don't come on again till 6 am for Bunty Bagshaw (miss Kennedy)Bring back J.Y.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back