Automatic timer for hot water / heating (1 Viewer)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi both my Hot water and heating is working 100% fine manually , on gas or electric
My problem is that the knobs / buttons must be used in a certain sequence or i will get the "red" error light, and having to do it in this said sequence means that i am unable to get either hot water or gas working automatically via the control panel timer.
So i'm not sure if i have a problem or its operator error :)
here is what i must do to get it to work without getting the red error light
1. Ensure Knob "A" is in the OFF posiition
2. Then turn on Switch "B"
3. then Select if you require hot water or heating or hot water + heating
This way all will work fine with there just being the green light and the orange light until the correct heat / temp has been reached
NOTE : it does not matter what power source i select its the same for either gas or electric , or both
Now as far as i am aware for the automatic timer feature to work you must have Knob " A " selected to they type of heat / hot water that you require , then when the timer reaches the correct programmed time it will automatically turn on Switch " B " and it should start running , however when i operate my heating OR hot water in this sequence i always get the red error light.
Am i doing something wrong ?
Or is something Fked ?
control panel.jpg

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yours is the same as mine - and in 7 years ownership have never yet got the timer to work. No matter how I set it, including following the handbook instructions, I always get the red light when it tries to start up. I think the timer programme works on the power supply - switch B in your pic and I get the red light too if I don't switch this on first. So now I don't bother - it warms up pretty quickly on manual.

The control panel was a cheap one Swift started to use about the time our vans were made and has had it's fair share of problems. Hasn't been used for a while and I understand the manufacturer has gone out of business.

However if anyone else has any ideas, they would be more than welcome.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
One idea. Expensive fix I know, but replace the double knobs with a truma cp panel. This will then do all you wish manually or programmed. You will have to check it is comparable with your system. You do not need the complete iNet system just the country panel. Cost around £200 I think. I had mine replaced by dealer before collection.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
One idea. Expensive fix I know, but replace the double knobs with a truma cp panel. This will then do all you wish manually or programmed. You will have to check it is comparable with your system. You do not need the complete iNet system just the country panel. Cost around £200 I think. I had mine replaced by dealer before collection.
Thanks for providing the alternative fix :)
But i think if i suggest to Elaine that we need to spend £200+ so the water heating can be automated to save one of us getting out of bed early , that she will KICK me out of bed early every morning to save the money :D :D

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Thanks for providing the alternative fix :)
But i think if i suggest to Elaine that we need to spend £200+ so the water heating can be automated to save one of us getting out of bed early , that she will KICK me out of bed early every morning to save the money :D :D
Fair one. I'm trying to convince Jane WE need the complete iNet system just I don't have to get up and can turn it on from outside. :D:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
When we had a truma system like yours we kept the water on all night. When it was cold we also just turned down the heating rather than turn it off. The controls were at the end of my bed so I just sat up, leaned over and turned the temperature up and lay in bed for the 10 minutes or so it took to warm up.

In our new van we have the Alde system complete with timer that works. But we don't bother and still just work it manually.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back