Awning Sunshade.. Suggestions please. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looking for a see-though lightweight mesh sunshade to slide onto a 4mt Omnistor awning..

Have looked at Windblockers from Lillypad and the offerings by both Fiamma and Thule.. plus a few others but can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I've seen them at motorhome shows with a picture printed on the mesh.

Anyone have one or can make a suggestion ?

This style.... on a USRV ..

51AaAKzIXIL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought Windblockers a few years ago Jim and they do what they say.

With your sewing skills, though, you can probably make something to your exact needs yourself. The main fabric is polyester voile. Sew a kador strip on the top and some elastic loops on the bottom and it should do the job.
I can't remember who we got it from but we bought some similar to to make a windbreak.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks Graham.. good idea and a lot cheaper than buying.. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I made my own wind blockers out of some lovely leaf patterned voile, I didn't put the tape fully along the top edge of the front panel as that way I could have it pushed back out of the way if I wanted.

My windblocker.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have the lily pads for our old van and it did block out the wind, but not the sun. So we bought some black shower curtains to clip on the rail with the lily pad. Never got to try then as we sold the van :(

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Janie (the artist formally known as Jane) from the @bobandjanie dynamic duo made her own. They were erected at the Norfolk show and looked rather good. Maybe a PM to Janie may provide some helpful tips.

MMLLOYD

Free Member
Mar 31, 2011
scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
we have 2 a wind blocker used for when its a bit drafty (but doesn't cut the sun down that much) so we got a sun blocker branded Coast we got from Seaflo this year cost @£52 and has proved to be excellent for cooling under the awning it has a silvered outside and you can just see through it.

Deleted User
I made my own wind blockers out of some lovely leaf patterned voile, I didn't put the tape fully along the top edge of the front panel as that way I could have it pushed back out of the way if I wanted.

View attachment 121543

View attachment 121545

View attachment 121546
I like that idea, we have the lillipads which are great, but my one grip is you can't push them back on the front section.
Nige has some of that attachment stuff to make a front screen will show him your pictures.
Thanks @Minxy Girl

:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back