Free Member
Oct 20, 2009
Bexhill East Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
6 months
we are picking up our first ever motorhome on fri..soo excited!::bigsmile: might take it to the new forest next week for a few days anyone got any tips..as we are so new to this

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Rainy and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:
Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk on here.
Any questions, just ask, someone will know the answer.:winky:
Enjoy your first trip away in your van.::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Rainy, welcome to the fun. The best tip I can give you is to read every post in this forum section Link Removed

The second best is to make sure you get a proper handover. Don't leave the dealers until you have been shown how everything works at least TWICE. Most people's heads are in such a whirl when they pick up, they are shown everything, but as soon as they are on site they have forgotten how everything works. Don't be embarrassed to ask, "How does this work again?" Let's hope the weather does not live up to your name on your first trip::bigsmile: Have Fun:thumb:

Psst.. there is an excellent book of checklists you can buy that will help you during the handover. Look below:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The vagabond

Free Member
Mar 6, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Best way to learn is.........Use it all you can.......you will meet loads of folk who are only too willing to give you tips and advice. Enjoy.

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
we are picking up our first ever motorhome on fri..soo excited!::bigsmile: might take it to the new forest next week for a few days anyone got any tips..as we are so new to this

Hi Rainey
My first post too so no tips from us i'm afraid "BUT.
We are picking up our first ever campervan on Thursday so like you would appreciate any advice from the seasoned veterans.

Our first trip is to the Birkett Endurance racing at Silverstone this weekend

Weather forcast "Hot and Sunny?" :ROFLMAO:
Bill

cobmonster

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years

Hi Rainy, enjoy your van, if you are on electric hook up set the heating on electric and set it quite low and leave it on, test any grass areas before driving on to them or you might get stuck like I did in France:Doh: mud up to the axles:cry: we have the Roadstar 786 and we love it:thumb:.

All the best Tony

Same to you Bill:thumb:

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi bill2b and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:
Hope all goes well on your first trip.:Cool:

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi rainy welcome to m/h fun good luck with your new van if you are going the new forest way if you are looking for a good site you have sandy balls at fordenbridge or bashley park at new milton both sites are first class also when on site if you are not sure of anything dont be afraid to ask another m/h person on site that is the only way we all learn if we are not sure we are never to old in the teeth to learn something every day Tony

OP
OP
R

Rainy

Free Member
Oct 20, 2009
Bexhill East Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
6 months
Thanks for that Tony. :Smile: We hired a motorhome in June this year ..to try motorhoming out...we took a trip to the Lake District and wow!...it was brilliant! ..The weather was just glorious also which helps. It was the first time we had ever had such a totally relaxing holiday and the other MH people were as you say helpful and so lovely and friendly. So we wont ever hesitate to ask
Thanks again
Rainy

sportingmac

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Epworth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Virgin
Me too - picked up our first motorhome today

We picked up our new lifestyle today - we got fed up with destinations - and loved the journey do much - it was the obvious solution.

Life begins again today.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi sportingmac and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:
Enjoy your new van and way of life.:Cool:

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Hi welcome and good luck - we have had ours about a month absolutely love it off to France for 2 weeks on Friday

as your heading to the New Forest for your first trip we went to South Lytchett Manor in Direst (i Know a bit further on) for our first trip absolutely brilliant owners were really helpful with a few things I wasn't sure about

Link Removed

Have fun:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back