Endless breeze fan (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Well, I forked out for the horrifically overpriced Endless Breeze fan, due to the lack of any decent alternatives, all the other 12volt fans I've seen have been very weak.

It moves a good volume of air - that cannot be denied - and I'm grateful for it as I sit here now in 30 degree heat.

I'm not too impressed with the build quality though - the casing moulding isn't great, I wouldn't care usually but at this price it should be perfect! However the main problem is the fan isn't balanced very well - it's okay on setting 1 but put it on 2 and it shakes a bit, put it on 3 and it really shakes, you certainly can't use it sat on a table without it making the whole table shake.

There's a clear gap in the market for someone to make a competing product, I'm just not sure the gap is big enough to warrant the initial investment.​

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I bought mine second hand from a Funster last year....

Not impressed with it either.. and agree with your findings on quality ... however, it doesn't shake badly, but do find it noisy on speed 3 .. so it's hardly been used.. other problem was finding a suitable place to sit it..

on offer for £50 .. what I paid for it.. PM me

NOW SOLD

Last edited:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@scotjimland

We're looking for an endless breeze fan so PM sent :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We were sort of looking for one ...
We currently have a Vornado which pushes great amounts of air around but it's a little bulky.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think the issue is that this is isn't really an expensive fan - in the USA! The problem is the price here. I took ours apart last week to give it a clean after over two year's use. What I noticed was the fan had clearly been balanced as there were a couple of fillets of silicon sealer stuck at the ends of two fan blades on one side. So it shouldn't shake but we rarely use ours above speed 1 and find that effective and quiet enough.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think the issue is that this is isn't really an expensive fan - in the USA! The problem is the price here.

Reason:

US price + shipping costs + 20% import duty + UK seller's margin + 20% VAT = Expensive item in the UK.

If you can figure a way around all that let please let me know. I'm trying to get the numbers to work on a product currently only available in the US that I know would sell well here and at the moment the bloody taxman is killing the whole idea.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'm quite happy with mine. It does exactly what I bought it to do.

It doesn't shake at all. Yes, I suppose it's a little noisy on speed 3 but I wouldn't say excessively so.

One of my to do projects is to work on phase 2 of fitting it to the roof light in the bedroom (see other thread from a few weeks ago)

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
I find the Endless Breeze too noisy so hardly used ours. It does shift the air about though so I'll keep it in case there comes a time when I'm hot enough to bother digging it out .....with the ear plugs :LOL:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Fitted the fiamma turbo fan in my small rooflight .does the job and a lot cheaper than the yank one . Haha.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There's a clear gap in the market for someone to make a competing product,

Not 12v but not a problem..

A 12 inch 3 speed oscillating desk fan for £12.99 .. and at only 35watt it will run off a small inverter .. drawing about 3 Amps Broken Link Removed

Endless Breeze.. 12 inch , 3 speed , uses 2.6 Amps

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Reason:

US price + shipping costs + 20% import duty + UK seller's margin + 20% VAT = Expensive item in the UK.

If you can figure a way around all that let please let me know. I'm trying to get the numbers to work on a product currently only available in the US that I know would sell well here and at the moment the bloody taxman is killing the whole idea.
Could you get it made in China?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Expensive, yes - but we've been grateful for ours in the 30 degree heat in France. The only problem is that the dog is really selfish, and keeps hogging it!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Fitted the fiamma turbo fan in my small rooflight .does the job and a lot cheaper than the yank one . Haha.
Your right Haha

Sadly the Fiamma one is like a kittens fart by comparison :LOL:

Shouldn't vibrate though, I have two, one for humans and one for the dogs and to be fair they can be very effective and the price of about $70 the build quality is adequate.

Unfortunately you can't buy them in the UK for $70 :cry:

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We've got 2 going in our van on the Ile D'Oleron at the moment, and do all night, no problem sleeping with them on at all, in fact once you tune into them they cut out all the noise from the neighbours so we actually get a good lay in.(y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I wasn't overly impressed with the build quality of the Endless Breeze when we got ours about three years ago, given the cost. It feels like something made in the 1950s or 60s. But it works and does the job, so won't complain too much - but they are expensive for what they are...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Be careful with that piece of kit. I certainly wouldn't recommend the endless breeze for use in your average European motorhome. Thing is, you just can't get far enough away from it so the noise will be an issue and top speed might even damage your van. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Like a lot of stuff made in America Jim, these fans are big, bulky, make a lot of noise and promises but the build quality isn't up to much ;)

Sounds like it's just me that's got one that's badly out of balance though - typical! I can see me taking it apart to try to balance the blades better that they are now. I can't really send it back, I've had it a couple of months already and the box has gone.

I've got a Fiamma Turbofan already - basically a 40cm rooflight with a large built in fan - which was fitted as standard to the van and is good, but being fixed of course means you can't aim it to give you a nice breeze where you want it. Main use I find for it is on "blowing in" mode to give a nice breeze on my head to keep me cool when I'm cooking, and on extraction mode when we go out for the day - leave it running full blast with the windows open a crack, and it pulls air through the van keeping it fairly cool but the van is still secure. Only downside is it doesn't let as much light in as a normal 40 cm rooflight

Last edited:
OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I connected mine through a socket doubler with a coolbox initially, the socket doubler was fused, the fan was only on speed 1 and seemed fine so I thought all was well, although I was a little concerned about the load.

Unbeknown to me one of the kids fiddled with it whilst I was driving, put it on speed 3. I thought I could smell a bit of a hot plastic smell - then I got the "Dad, the fans stopped working" - I stopped and the plug on the doubler had melted, fuse still intact! Luckily the fan, coolbox and socket were all fine

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Find one as powerful built better with a lower leccy usage and I'll buy it (y)

I was only winding given your MH Jim!

My Italian motorhome is the peak of superb build quality, honest. Now, where is that list of things to fix when I get back off this holiday? :LOL:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I was only winding given your MH Jim!

My Italian motorhome is the peak of superb build quality, honest. Now, where is that list of things to fix when I get back off this holiday? :LOL:

I think that fan has more horsepower than your Italian motorhome :)

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Ooooo, you nasty cow!

Probably right though. ;)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Have I got the only one that's balanced properly, isn't excessively noisy and has perfectly acceptable build quality?

It was just sat there at Vanbitz looking lonely. I knew giving it a new home was the right decision. (y):D

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Probably a lot more than many @Jim after seeing some of the ones struggling up some of the hills around Lynton earlier this year.

I'll have you know that Big Bertha, my MH with 2.8 litres of pure Italian Ducato power locked away under the bonnet, has been sailing up the Swiss mountains this week with positive impunity. Ask anyone in the long line of cars behind me and I'm sure they'll agree! :LOL:

Seriously, I usually find its the constraints of corners rather than power that makes progress slow on mountain passes on what is a large heavy vehicle - that and we've been up and down some seriously narrow roads, not knowing if there is a bus or truck coming around that next bend and how quickly you'll have to stop has an effect! Coming down the brakes have smelt a bit hot once or twice this week as well - despite full use of engine braking, taking it steady, pulsing the brakes and all the usual advice. Seen some amazing views though and stayed on a gorgeous little site 1100m above Lake Thun - views to die for, we even saw what I'm pretty sure was a golden eagle from our pitch.

Anyway, back to fans - seems I've been unlucky with getting an out of balance one. Ohh well.:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back