chaep satellite all uk and euro channel (1 Viewer)

C

cragster

Deleted User
first hi all im new here, and have been reading through your posts, i wound like to offer some info on cheap sat reception, full sky. nova, cyfa,sky .it ect its a cheaper alterntive to high priced sky, and can also be tranfered to your house, let me know if i can help any boby
craig

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
first hi all im new here, and have been reading through your posts, i wound like to offer some info on cheap sat reception, full sky. nova, cyfa,sky .it ect its a cheaper alterntive to high priced sky, and can also be tranfered to your house, let me know if i can help any boby
craig
OK baby, give me the lowdown.

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Sounds too good to be true Cragster, but go ahead, tell all.

Forgot to add, Welcome to the site.

What kind of motorhome do you have/ are you looking for?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, do let us know the sat details. What is needed where can I get it etc.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I must be a suspiceous old git but I feel an advert coming on:ROFLMAO:

But in case I'm wrong, and I often am, welcome to the fun.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I must be a suspiceous old git but I feel an advert coming on:ROFLMAO:

But in case I'm wrong, and I often am, welcome to the fun.
Agreed, and sounds rike a Chinees one.:ROFLMAO:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Were it not a banned subject I would have pointed out the poor quality of the OP in terms of spelling, punctuation and grammar and therefore my suspicion that this is an advert from GOK where.
Where is naughty Mavis when you need her?

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Cragster's silence is deafening, we are waiting for a reply:shout:

Dave

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
in reply to the questions prompted by the OP:
you can buy subscription package from satellite operators other than sky.
obvoisuly using their viewing cards outside their "proper" territory will be against the T&Cs of their use, similar to using a sky card outside the UK. And you will need to buy the relevant reciever also

Many satellite operators have similar channel line up to sky.
Many offer a few more goodies than UK Sky - for example some offer 3pm Premier Ship kickoffs. Showtime arabai show ALL UK premier league matches, downside you need about a 1.8m dish to get the signals in the UK!.

Prices are about the same all over europe, it just depends on wht sort of package you have

many channels are the same - and many are braodcaster in two languages - the native and the programmes original.

And in reality sky is reasonably priced given it has the highest number of channels for a European satellite operator, it has the highest number of HD channels for a European satellite operator.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
What is the cheapest package anyone knows of in using sattelite here in the UK and in Europe from your Motorhome?

And is there one where you can 'pay as you travel'?
in the sense that if the MH is at home for 5 weeks going no where, I dont really want to be paying a monthly fee when it is not in use.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
What is the cheapest package anyone knows of in using sattelite here in the UK and in Europe from your Motorhome?.

Erm...Freesat or other free to air channels / systems

in the sense that if the MH is at home for 5 weeks going no where, I dont really want to be paying a monthly fee when it is not in use.

many if not all satellite PAY TV providers ask for a minimim of a 1 year contract.
even if you cancel and resubscribe, you will again be asked for a minimum of a year.

If you are on Sky, why not just drop down to the one "mix" instead of whatever you are on at the moment, and then bump it back up to whatever you want when you go off.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
What is the cheapest package anyone knows of in using sattelite here in the UK and in Europe from your Motorhome?

We always take our sky+ to Spain with us, as you say there is no point in paying a subscription and not using it! Sky works just like at home. I usually buy Michael the Sports channels when we go away so he can watch all the footy in the motorhome.

We have one of those suitcase satellite dishes for use in the uk and until we get down to the south of France, once in Spain we have a free standing 80 cm dish which has withstood howling winds which have brought down safari rooms and trees!!

Ginny and Mike

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
I've tried both Aldi & Lidl in my home town & all I get is blank looks when I enquire about this subject? Has anyone actually got hold of a satellite system from either of these outlets?:Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I've tried both Aldi & Lidl in my home town & all I get is blank looks when I enquire about this subject? Has anyone actually got hold of a satellite system from either of these outlets?:Doh:
Both of these outlets and maplin have the suitcase jobbie but not all the time it appears to be seasonal so just keep looking.

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
If you have a Makro in your area they are worth a try for the 'camping kit' as are Maplin.
Ours was about £50 a couple of years ago. Like Aldi and Lidle they don't have them all the time - I think it is a ploy to keep you going in to check.
Have used it from Lands end to west coast of Harris no problem but couldn't get a cheep in Denmark.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

cant understand the blank looks.

these items are 'special buys' at aldi and lidl and only appear maybe once or twice a year so you need to keep an eye on their twice weekly 'special buys' leaflets throughout the year or subscribe to their email service.

unless your store has an amazing staff turnover rate they must know what you mean.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Sounds too good to be true Cragster, but go ahead, tell all.
If so, it's because it is!

A couple of things here arouse suspicion straight away.

1) The 'Poster' made just one post after joining the same month.

2) He/She has never made a reply or another post since....and my betting is you won't see another from them either, at least not under the same id name.

I have noticed a few suspect postings on this forum board by people who are quite obviously using multiple id names, one of which is fairly recent. One thread, one post, join date in the same month....never to make another post since. I have kept a close watch on the id name and I am still watching them.

I wrote a thread about this at the time;

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back