Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I always skim through the mag because they never cover anything in depth ,the reviews of products bits and pieces,vehicles etc are always positive as are the letters. But having just been on the club website I was suprised by the amount of neg. posts, particularly about the booking system.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Interesting - I will take a look online and add my views. I was pretty annoyed when they introduced the new system.

Currently on M25, returning g from France, so will check it out later.

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
I always skim through the mag because they never cover anything in depth ,the reviews of products bits and pieces,vehicles etc are always positive as are the letters. But having just been on the club website I was suprised by the amount of neg. posts, particularly about the booking system.

If you don't need the magazine, you can get a (slightly) reduced membership by opting for online only. They email you a link to the online magazine, but to be honest, it's so clunky, I've stopped bothering. I don't feel I've missed much though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The C &CC website is pants.
They have been told and better told for years that it is clunky and not user friendly.
As an example, should you wish to kill half an hour, I am aware that there is a Temporary Holiday Meet at Bradford on Avon in September.
If you are a member of C&CC and have not used their website to find THS's before I challenge anyone to see how long it takes to find the above rally. Go on, I dare you and report back here how long it took.

GaryH61

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Horwich Greater Manchester AKA Lancs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Auto Stratus
Exp
Since 2014
Go on, I dare you and report back here how long it took.
I took the challenge and I agree it not the most intuitive of sites if fact I felt it was more like a lucky dip tombola as to weather it would find what I searched for but having said that I found it in under 5 mins. Got nothing better to do as laid up on sick at moment.

upload_2016-8-24_10-31-42.png

But I will stick to the mag rather than the site.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
As an example, should you wish to kill half an hour, I am aware that there is a Temporary Holiday Meet at Bradford on Avon in September.
I just tried their new App for Temp Holiday locations and it took a few seconds to type the town in. Very good.

I did have a whinge to them about the new web-booking system when it was first introduced and while their answer was very nice, basically they fobbed me off. Not booked anything through it since, just use CL/CS's and phone direct.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I just tried their new App for Temp Holiday locations and it took a few seconds to type the town in. Very good.

I did have a whinge to them about the new web-booking system when it was first introduced and while their answer was very nice, basically they fobbed me off. Not booked anything through it since, just use CL/CS's and phone direct.

Ah! Yes, that's the App, not the site. World of difference.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The C &CC website is pants.
They have been told and better told for years that it is clunky and not user friendly.
If you are a member of C&CC and have not used their website to find THS's before I challenge anyone to see how long it takes to find the above rally. Go on, I dare you and report back here how long it took.
I use the web site to look up THSs and rallies frequently. Searching for the Bradford on Avon one took seconds.
I do, however, have the Out & About Online page bookmarked.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

Ah! Yes, that's the App, not the site. World of difference.
I use the web site to look up THSs and rallies frequently. Searching for the Bradford on Avon one took seconds.
I do, however, have the Out & About Online page bookmarked.

That was the point of my original post Graham. You have the 'Out and About' section bookmarked. So do we, but that's only because in the period of not looking at the C&CC website, recalling how to find a HS is frustrating and galling. The website should be 'intuitive' but it isn't. easy to use. It isn't. The Club should realise that not all of their members are computer literate to a level better than they themselves, but from dealings within the higher echelons of the Club their paid employees think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That was the point of my original post Graham. You have the 'Out and About' section bookmarked. So do we, but that's only because in the period of not looking at the C&CC website, recalling how to find a HS is frustrating and galling. The website should be 'intuitive' but it isn't. easy to use. It isn't. The Club should realise that not all of their members are computer literate to a level better than they themselves, but from dealings within the higher echelons of the Club their paid employees think they are right and everyone else is wrong.
I agree that it would be quicker if there were an Out & About button on the home page as well the Magazine one but most members would know that Out & About is an integral art of the Magazine and it is only one extra mouse click - so C&CC literacy rather than IT literacy perhaps :) Many companies suffer from not doing a proper requirements analysis before creating web sites though :)

I suppose IT literacy comes into it with creating the bookmark - but that is no different from having a deeper link than the home page for any web site. For example I normally access Fun by a bookmark to the Forum page, rather than the home page, because that is where I normally wish to start.

OP
OP
Melvin

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
What amazes me is that they must know that their web site is bad just from their own forum ,but they don't do anything about it .They are the ones calling the tune and they should get the web designers to put it right after all there are plenty of others companies out there the could go to.
They need to get complete IT numptys like myself to use them before they put them out.,surely it's only common sense .

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What amazes me is that they must know that their web site is bad just from their own forum ,but they don't do anything about it .They are the ones calling the tune and they should get the web designers to put it right after all there are plenty of others companies out there the could go to.
They need to get complete IT numptys like myself to use them before they put them out.,surely it's only common sense .
Certainly the response speed could be improved (the main complaint that I recall coming through on the forum) but I think "IT numpties" is a bit of a red herring. Site design may need improving but that can be something in the eye of the beholder and it might be that any changes made do not suit others.

The thing to remember is that there is nothing magic or special about web sites so there is nothing to be unduly concerned about. Once one has accessed the web site all one is doing is following menus and making choices, more or less the same way as with a book, magazine or paper form. "IT" only comes into it because one uses a mouse (or other such device) to make the menu choices rather than turning paper pages and uses a keyboard rather than a pen to fill in forms.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Surprised that they are allowing any criticism on the forum. Usually they are quick to remove anything that dares to suggest they are less than perfect. I have given up hope of them ever acting on suggestions from members.
Cheers
Bernie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back