Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi folks,
May only be possible to holiday mid July next year, so does anyone have comments on how how busy aires etc would be in Holland and Denmark in mid July?

(Did Belgium , Northern France and the Loeire Valley in late june early july this year with no problems)
Regards, Weejohn

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi folks,
May only be possible to holiday mid July next year, so does anyone have comments on how how busy aires etc would be in Holland and Denmark in mid July?

(Did Belgium , Northern France and the Loeire Valley in late june early july this year with no problems)
Regards, Weejohn
As far as I know there is a law in Scandinavia which alows you to wild camp almost anywhere as long as you are not cousing an obstrucion, Supose Danmark comes under Scandinavia.

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
We spent a week in Denmark in September and I didn't see any Aires!
In such a tidy, ordered country we didn't see many places to wildcamp either.
May be because we just looked for sites (some had already closed for the winter).

We were flashed by trucks and cars until we realised everyone else had dipped lights on in daylight ! DOH, should have read up on local rules.

Only saw 2 pigs in the week - where does all that bacon come from?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camper69

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
North Bucks
Funster No
Exp
We were in Holland and Denmark in August 2008

The school holiday is earlier in Denmark than the UK so you will probabily find that the campsites are quite full. They are also expensive. By expensive I mean that it was costing us (2 Adults and 3 Children) about £50 per night:Eeek:. On top of this was also showers, swimming pool etc.

You will also need a campaing card for Denmark. Cost about £10

Everything is expensive in Denmark that why you don't see any fat people as the goodies are so expensive.

We also hardly saw another British person all holiday. Everyone speaks English ( apart from the bus driver I pick on).

Derek

PS Its expensive, did I mention that.

PPS We want to go again though.

PPPS camping card from here Link Removed

Last edited:

Reveuse

Free Member
Jul 19, 2008
Normandy
Funster No
Exp
since 1996
Very few aires in the Netherlands, best way to find them is buy copy of CamperStop. But there is a very good network farm campsites, nice places and not expensive. There is this;
Link Removed
but there is a better one too, more like CLs, only I can't find the details just now.

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Thanks for that link, sites generally look more than reasonable

mbarnby

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Funster No
Hi There,

A couple of quick answers about AC driving in DK.

Wild camping is illegal in DK, but is allowed in SE.
Its allowed to park on normal parking places as long as you do not make it a camp site ( tables, chairs etc.) so basically you can stop and also sleep there, unless signs specifically states differently, if you like I can send you a UK translated rule set, as a lot of camping paces are complaining about AC possibility to park on normal parking places.
There are many camping sites, both in the city's and countryside, with prices and services going from nothing to luxury camps.
Also there are being build more and more AC places, you can by a small book from www.dacf.dk (Nordic camper guide) and there are also being made more and more farmer AC places Link Removed

School vacation is starting end June and ends mid August so July is the busiest period

:) Michael B

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi there, any information is appreciated.
Have purchased an "aire" guide from vicarious books which has a section covering Denmark. Not so interested in actual sites, just somewhere safe to park for the night, have a wee wander round and head on the next day.
Unfortunately our son's holidays may dictate when we can go which appears to be July, I hate crowds and crowded places, who knows, might decide that just me and the missus will head off on our own.

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi WeeJohn,
I just placed a thread about camper places in The Netherlands. Did it as a seperate post so everyone can get a look at it :Smile:

Maybe the information is useful

thread: Campering ::bigsmile: and Camping in The Netherlands

Paul and Ineke

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
Hi,
About wilding in Danmark:
- there is no 'Allemansrätt' (freedom to roam) in Danmark like there is in Norway, Sweden and Finland.
- they make a clear distinction between camping and (overnight) parking.
- You may not put out chairs, tables, lit a BBQ, put an awning. You are camping then, wich is only allowed on campsides.
- You are parking when 'all activities are inside the vehicle'
- You may overnight on parkings etc... for 24h, obey traffic laws, no nuissance....
In the Netherlands:
In some municipalities you may overnight, in others not
Some hints on Link Removed

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Leo,

Great link you submitted here, maybe you can put the same link in the thread "Campering and Camping in The Netherlands"

Would be nice to have them grouped

Paul en Ineke

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back