lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We had it applied to our last van just before we sold it and I have to say I was very happy with the application and the job the guy did

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Yes, we had it applied to our shower tray, about a year ago, very pleased with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Had our shower tray done about 2 years ago. Not cheap but Brilliant.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Yep, had it done this year and very pleased with result. I have posted photos on forum

OP
OP
T

The Spongebobs

Free Member
Aug 29, 2015
Oban, Argyll and Bute, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
It seems that most have had the shower trays done. Has anyone had it applied to the sink and is it a smooth finish?

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
Not smooth but not rough either
Slightly textured maybe?
Before & after

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 136

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
agree.. that was why I asked..

textured shower.. great .. but prefer a smooth sink

True, but then the sink is usually easier/cheaper to replace than the shower tray. In ours the tray goes in first & the washroom is built round it.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We had our shower tray done! Great job. Textured and he matched the grey to the original. Came to the house.

OP
OP
T

The Spongebobs

Free Member
Aug 29, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for all your help on Speedcoating. I have been told that there is a years guarantee on the work. Of those who have had this done did you experience any problems after a period of time, ie chipping wearing?

OP
OP
T

The Spongebobs

Free Member
Aug 29, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi hilldweller, I have tried looking for an original replacement bathroom sink for my Hymer B584 but have been unable to locate one. I have been told its not an easy job if I can find one because of having to dismantle the mirror etc?

OP
OP
T

The Spongebobs

Free Member
Aug 29, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi lorger, sorry having the repair and complete shower tray coated, it does come with a lifetime guarantee but just having the repair made good in the shower tray and having the coating on the sink only comes with a one year guarantee. I would have thought that the sink came with a lifetime guarantee as well, will check this

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We had our sink and shower tray Speedcoated recently. It comes with a lifetime guarantee for both whilst we own the van.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
When i had a quote recently as i thought the tray was leaking i wasn't expecting it to be as much as he said, i was thinking along the lines of about £300-£350... His quote was £500..i dont know if thats normal or what ?

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Kim who coated yours and what does the sin look like. Was yours expensive if you dont mind me asking?

We used a mobile engineer from Speedcoat who did it at our house. To do the whole bathroom took him around 10 hours, the vast majority of that was masking off. We were quoted around £700 to replace our sink including labour. To Speedcoat the shower tray, sink, shower console and shelf alongside the Thetford cost less than that. The texture isn't smooth as has been mentioned and I must admit to being a little apprehensive of how it would look in the sink. I needn't have worried as it looks great and is a vast improvement both visually and practically from the yellowing brittle plastic that we lived with prior to the Speedcoat (y)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Is this coating available for house baths ? In our guest bathroom at the new house we have a quite large corner bath. Its a belter it really is and we don't want to replace it. Its in ace condition but is the palest peach colour which is dated now. To be honest the wife says leave it but I would like to get it colour changed or replace the thing. Deep in the memory bank I seem to remember company's that did this job in house holds ? Anyone have a clue ?

OP
OP
T

The Spongebobs

Free Member
Aug 29, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Kim, I was quoted only a years guarantee on my sink because I asked for a smooth finish and not coated in the same way as the shower tray. Do you have any pics of the finish on your sink with the speedcoat finish. Can you tell me who can to your house to carry out the work please?

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Kim, I was quoted only a years guarantee on my sink because I asked for a smooth finish and not coated in the same way as the shower tray. Do you have any pics of the finish on your sink with the speedcoat finish. Can you tell me who can to your house to carry out the work please?

When you contact Speedcoat, they put you in touch with one of their local engineers. As we live in Lancashire, we made contact with a guy that came from the Bolton area I think. He was a mobile caravan engineer who also had a franchise for Speedcoat. You can email Speedcoat through their website and they'll put you in touch with someone local to you. See picture for the finish on our sink, although it's probably quite difficult to tell from the photo. It does however feel very sturdy, unlike the paper thin plastic we had before! We are very happy with the result, but I understand that the finish might not suit everyone.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 28

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've emailed and been given the name of the local dealer..

At this time your closest Authorised SPEEDCOATEurope Dealer/Application Centre* is:

CHASSIS CAB LTD

NORTHERN WAY

BURY ST EDMUNDS CONTACT: ROBIN HOUSDEN

SUFFOLK TEL: 01284 768 570

IP32 6NL

but looking at the quotes on this thread.. .. I'm having second thoughts..

my shower isn't leaking, it has a small crack that I repaired...it's more a case of would 'like it' rather than 'need it' done..

OP
OP
T

The Spongebobs

Free Member
Aug 29, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Kim, Your sink etc looks good. We are now considering the whole bathroom as you had done. Our sink is not modern looking like yours our is more a kidney shape. Was your quote all in or did you have to pay extra for 'mobile'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back