Unhelpful Caravan Club (1 Viewer)

Aug 9, 2015
Hampshire. England
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 624
Exp
Since 2015
I have been a member of the CC for almost a year and regularly use their sites and CL's. The boss and I have just motored up through Suffolk, Norfolk, Lincolnshire into Yorkshire using CC sites. In Lincs we stopped on a cousins drive and then moved onto a friends drive in Yorkshire. We naturally lived in the MoHo and the cassette needed to be emptied! We were not far from the Bridlington CC site so drove in to use the MoHo Service point, showed my membership card only to be told that it was against 'club policy' to allow MoHo in to use the service point unless booked in. I was amazed! If I hadn't been a member I could have understood the stance and tried to plead my case but the Waffen SS Unterfuhuer would not be moved and turned me away.

I drove a mile down the road and found an independent site which was set out very nicely but thought I would chance my luck. I went into the office, explained my case and they could have not been more helpful. The site in question is The Old Mill Caravan Park at Bempton YO16 6XE. Take a look at: www.oldmillcaravanpark.co.uk/. They are very happy to entertain MoHo's with good size pitches and it is just as good as the CC site only more friendly and cheaper!

Has anyone else had this problem with the Caravan Club?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Has anyone else had this problem with the Caravan Club?
As you were told, it's CC policy.
The C&CC, though, does have a number of sites where you can got for a few hours for around ÂŁ7 to use the water, waste, shower and laundry facilities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
From a thread earlier this month.

Well I have to say you are fortunate, like you we have been paid up members of CCC & CC, I can't say I'm known for having a negative attitude, but two years ago we were travelling Scotland pulled up at quite a remote CC site and asked if there was any room, we were told no there was not, no problem we said politely , we are CC. Members and have been for many years I wonder if we could top up a couple of containers of water, as we are in a remote part of Scotland and not sure where we would camp. No they said sorry you can't have any water, we are willing to pay for it, again no sorry we can't let you have water. With this kind of attitude to members sorry I won't be singing there praises any time soon, just a different opinion of course.

OP
OP
The Silvers
Aug 9, 2015
Hampshire. England
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 624
Exp
Since 2015
Such a strange attitude to looking after its members Jim. I intend to write a 'snottogram' to head office, I know I won't get anywhere but it will make me feel better. I will consider wether it is worth renewing my membership but with discounts on ferries etc and a good network of CL's it may be worth swallowing my pride!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Maybe they are missing a trick. Quite a few members would pay an enhanced membership fee for a card that allows say 5 dumps/waterfills a year.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Such a strange attitude to looking after its members Jim. I intend to write a 'snottogram' to head office, I know I won't get anywhere but it will make me feel better. I will consider wether it is worth renewing my membership but with discounts on ferries etc and a good network of CL's it may be worth swallowing my pride!
I left them years ago never missed it to be honest
Bill

OP
OP
The Silvers
Aug 9, 2015
Hampshire. England
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 624
Exp
Since 2015
Did think of that Will but the thought of Thetford Blue on her new Bathroom put me off. Whilst they are MoHo people I would be mortified to stain her new grout even by accident!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
There's a thread on here started by @Carol if I remember correctly ,about that exact problem ,I took it up with CC ...customer liason and they confirmed it was bot their policy to let members use any of their facilities unless booked in ..i would suggest that not only do you contact them with your views but also as many forum members as possible do the same . Roy

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Maybe they are missing a trick. Quite a few members would pay an enhanced membership fee for a card that allows say 5 dumps/waterfills a year.
I need more than 5 dumps,,, :D:D BUSBY..

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
There's a thread on here started by @Carol if I remember correctly ,about that exact problem ,I took it up with CC ...customer liason and they confirmed it was bot their policy to let members use any of their facilities unless booked in ..i would suggest that not only do you contact them with your views but also as many forum members as possible do the same . Roy

To be honest after the many conversations and e mails we had with them at a high level I really would not bother if they would leave members in a remote part of Scotland without water even after offering to pay for it, I don't think I want to be a member of such a club any more. I'll stick with Fun and CCC.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Make sure you copy it to Motorhome Fun, and that CC know you copied it!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
image.jpg
I've just had a delve in my old e mails and here is a copy of one of the emails we sent it was in 2011 (how time fly's)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
This has been flogged to death.... CC have their rules like any company/club and as we ALL KNOW if you give someone an inch then everyone will take the p*ss (no pun intended)

If I was on a friends drive and they were Motorhomers it would be down their bog or drain....

Call me sceptical but I just think this is here for affect ....:cool:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Dislike a lot of the CC rules, however they provide the best home and travel insurance at a cost effective price for us, well worth the membership fee for that as we have saved much more. We also use a couple of the sites when visiting family.
Would have thought that a 'club' ie business, which supposedly caters for campers, would be on a winner if allowing water collection and toilet emptying at a price similar to foreign aires.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
This has been flogged to death.... CC have their rules like any company/club and as we ALL KNOW if you give someone an inch then everyone will take the p*ss (no pun intended)

If I was on a friends drive and they were Motorhomers it would be down their bog or drain....

Call me sceptical but I just think this is here for affect ....:cool:
Don't entirely agree with you Gary,I believe that as members you,should be able to use,the facilities albeit for a fee .surely this is what membership is about. The C&CC make their facilities available for a fee so at least they are coming to realise that motorhoming is becoming popular and is the future. So many tuggers are starting to realise the joy and freedom of a motorhome that these 'Clubs" have to move with the times and not stick in the 50,s Roy

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It's relatively easy to reject letters/e-mails. Perhaps if enough people complain in person at motorhome shows they might change their attitude :)

Graham we did at several shows, the message still did not get through (don't know why it's underlined) :)

Did you get a reply Carol?

Yes Jim we had quite a few emails and telephone conversations with them but the bottom line was that it's club rules and if your not on site you don't get any water, at least they are aware but don't find a need to change the rule.

(Sorry about the underlining it won't click off)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Sell them an inch then.

Totally agree Jim you get nothing for free, if it was integrated in the membership cost and the facilities were in place for members to take advantage of it would it be great, however, I don't think the demand is there....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back