Looking today at Burster Aviano i645 (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Although still happy with our Hymer b544 we would like a little more space and comfort seeing as we are spending over half the year in the van. We like our current layout and the A Class so wanting to stay similar.
I went out yesterday to have a look at a Dethleffs Globus i3 which was very nice but a little on the small size. Then I saw this, went inside and was immediately struck with the 'wow' factor!

It's LHD, 2012, just 10k on the clock and doesn't seem to have a mark on it. Don't know much about Burstners beyond being German built and always appear to be an eye catching van, but this seems to be pitched at a good price of £44k considering spec, mileage and year although more expensive than we had planned for. It's running on a 2.3 mjtd which is a smaller engine than our current 2.8jtd on a heavier van.

It's spot on in terms of layout that we would like :). Except that monster of a table would have to go or somehow be changed for something smaller!

Anyone have one? Views and opinions likes and dislikes appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Arewethereyet

Free Member
Apr 21, 2016
Bracknell, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We have had a Burstner I709 for just coming up to a year now and can honestly say we thoroughly enjoy ours, we have previously had Autotrails,Adria and Autocruise, The general quality of the workmanship is good and they appear to be a very well put together vehicle, I wouldn't be to bothered by the difference in engine size as the Bhp output is almost indentical so you shouldn't find to much trouble there.
Looks a nice van (y)

Mark

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Apart from the bathroom (ours is full width across the back), it is similar to our Pilote. Looks good - a lot of space in a not-very-big van.

Agree about that wretched table - a waste of space but typical euro van. Ours came with a portable stow away table like most Brit vans.

Best of luck (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Check the construction as they used to have a timber frame they changed round about 2012 it would be a backward step if it has a timber frame after a Hymer also does it have the GRP floor.
Burstner's tend to be a bit glitzi after a Hymer I think I prefer the more solid construction of a Hymer.
The 2.3 engine is a much better engine than the 2.8 and the 2.3 has plenty of power and torque.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Check the construction as they used to have a timber frame they changed round about 2012 it would be a backward step if it has a timber frame after a Hymer also does it have the GRP floor.
Burstner's tend to be a bit glitzi after a Hymer I think I prefer the more solid construction of a Hymer.
The 2.3 engine is a much better engine than the 2.8 has plenty of power and torque.

Is there anyway to check myself on viewing if it has a timber frame or not, tell tale signs etc. I take it a GRP floor is a bonus? They sound quite technical questions for the average salesman Lenny ;).

Yes, it probably does appear a bit 'blingy' after our old Hymer, but the layout is exactly what we would like. Plus, nice kitchen area with plenty of space and good access, especially the fridge which Ginny has trouble getting down to in ours. Bed came down nice and low and must have been a foot deeper than our current one.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The 2.3 engine is a much better engine than the 2.8 has plenty of power and torque.
A good point about the construction. An alternative is to do a search for Burstners and damp/rot problems. GRP floor is a very good thing

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Is there anyway to check myself on viewing if it has a timber frame or not, tell tale signs etc. I take it a GRP floor is a bonus? They sound quite technical questions for the average salesman Lenny ;).

Yes, it probably does appear a bit 'blingy' after our old Hymer, but the layout is exactly what we would like. Plus, nice kitchen area with plenty of space and good access, especially the fridge which Ginny has trouble getting down to in ours. Bed came down nice and low and must have been a foot deeper than our current one.
This is just a guess but if it has the GRP floor it is probably timberless construction. The GRP floor means no exposed timer under the van nothing to rot.
The bed comes down really low in the latest Hymers.
I wouldn't trust a salesmans answer unless you get it written down in triplet and signed in blood.:LOL:
You could get the serial number (should be on the weight plate) and email Burstner.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
This is just a guess but if it has the GRP floor it is probably timberless construction. The GRP floor means no exposed timer under the van nothing to rot.
The bed comes down really low in the latest Hymers.
I wouldn't trust a salesmans answer unless you get it written down in triplet and signed in blood.:LOL:
You could get the serial number (should be on the weight plate) and email Burstner.

Thanks Lenny, I'll take that all on board!

I would dearly stick with the brand I know a little about and like a lot. Problem is finding the layout we like...which is what we currently have except would prefer the two couches as opposed to dinette. A good B544 is so hard to find!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We used to have an Aviano, but it was a different layout to that with a fixed bed. I think it was an i684.

I didn't like it because the dinette area seemed more cramped than shown in your photos.

Lovely van though.

Everyone else in my family loved it.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
We used to have an Aviano, but it was a different layout to that with a fixed bed. I think it was an i684.

I didn't like it because the dinette area seemed more cramped than shown in your photos.

Lovely van though.

Everyone else in my family loved it.

That's why we like this layout Chris...has such a light and airy feel with windows all round so can pitch up in any direction and have 180 degrees of view. You have to get on well with drop down bed though which is not everyones ideal!

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Looks a lovely looking van, if its from the dealer I think it is the PDI, handover and after sales will be brilliant and I found them great to deal with, the workshop people are very Knowledgeable and helpfull, after all the dealer stories I had read about I was so pleased that I bought mine off them in Feb this year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back