Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi folks, any astronomy fans here?

I'm looking for a portable scope to keep in the MH which will save me transferring the one from home. I'm drawn to the Skymax 127 Link Removed , does anyone have any advice or suggestions for a handy portable set up? :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi folks, any astronomy fans here?

I'm looking for a portable scope to keep in the MH which will save me transferring the one from home. I'm drawn to the Skymax 127 Link Removed , does anyone have any advice or suggestions for a handy portable set up? :thumb:

Hi

I know absolutely nothing about astronomy but would love to learn..

I had a look at the link you gave .. what an amazing bit of kit and not a lot of dosh... never knew that telescopes had become so sophisticated .. it gets a great review. Would this be a good 'starter' scope or should I be looking at more basic kit ?

will follow this post with interest :thumb:

thanks

jim

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I had a look at the link you gave .. what an amazing bit of kit and not a lot of dosh... never knew that telescopes had become so sophisticated ..
jim

A while ago I got the urge and the techie in me bought a cheap computer controlled scope ( Meade ). It did not take me long to work out that what I spent on electronics I did *not* spent on optic and mechanics. Nothing was rigid.

The next realisation is that to get a good view means a nice clear night which means freeze your nuts off.

And finally, all you see are bigger dots.

I did get a decent view of Saturn's rings which was impressive.

I never once used the computer finder. What the hell, it's just a dot, might as well just look at any unless you pick up a cross infection from a train spotter.

I now have Red Shift on my laptop, I can zoom in to any view better than any scope on Earth. And for those odd clear nights I can identify stars that can be seen through binoculars. That'll do for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
My son has a Sky-Watcher he wants to sell cannot find model No only D=130mm F=900mm with tri-pod and mount never been used long story pm me if interested.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Mymemory.com have some 'scopes on offer in time for the meteor shower this weekend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back