Have enjoyed MotorhomeFun for a few years and have finally joined. (1 Viewer)

Aussie Ross

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
I have been enjoying the pommie sense of humour for a few years on this web site, particularly from some of the regulars. Seems like some people have nothing better to do (probably retirees).

Jean and I have owned a C-class MH since 2012, when I retired. While we have made a few trips we haven't used it anywhere near as much as we should.

Last December we made a swap with a nice family from Belfast who used our van to travel North of Brisbane and spend some time at the Great Barrier Reef. They then flew to Sydney and enjoyed the New Year fireworks. Next month (September 2016) we are travelling to UK and will use their MH for a trip through Scotland and probably North Wales. Maybe we will be able to get to a Funster's rally.

I will continue to enjoy this sit and, now that I am a paid up member, may contribute to the forum from time to time; mind you I won't be trying to match the wonderful pommie humour.

Ross

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Welcome on board!

Won't mention the olympics..........too much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Gi Day Cobber & Welcome

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I have been enjoying the pommie sense of humour for a few years on this web site, particularly from some of the regulars. Seems like some people have nothing better to do (probably retirees).

Jean and I have owned a C-class MH since 2012, when I retired. While we have made a few trips we haven't used it anywhere near as much as we should.

Last December we made a swap with a nice family from Belfast who used our van to travel North of Brisbane and spend some time at the Great Barrier Reef. They then flew to Sydney and enjoyed the New Year fireworks. Next month (September 2016) we are travelling to UK and will use their MH for a trip through Scotland and probably North Wales. Maybe we will be able to get to a Funster's rally.

I will continue to enjoy this sit and, now that I am a paid up member, may contribute to the forum from time to time; mind you I won't be trying to match the wonderful pommie humour.

Ross

A few years without paying!!!
Your not a relation of chasers are you?? Lol. X

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hello and welcome. We won't mention England's recent whitewashing of the wallabies too much either ;)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! You are clearly proud Australians, posing for your avatar picture in National dress. :)

Scotland in September, hmm, take plenty of midge repellent. Smidge is very effective and you should be able to pick some up from outdoor type shops.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Welcome to the Fun,

There are a few meets in September, we can recommend the Pembrey meet in Old South Wales, great location on the coast, good cycling and walking.(y)
Cheers
Ed
There might be a space left at the New Romney meet as well - not too many people (15 vans) so good for getting to know people. If interested suggest to contact Ramon @B-well - it is 9th Sept weekend

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF.hope you enjoy your trip to the UK.
Brian & Jo

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
G'day Ross, very good intro, I must say I read for quite a while before dropping my keks and becoming a full member, if you're down in the New Forest look us up........ cheers Griff

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
:hiya:Ross, we have relatives in Toowoomba, did a tour staying in the Big 4s as far as Yepoon three years ago. Enjoy your Scottish trip in September.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
About time you joined .. I was only saying to everybody last week 'that bloomin' Tommy Cooper hasn't bothered joining. ;) Welcome.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
How do ! Midges won't be too bad in September, we'll probably have had a frost by then ! Also, pack clothing for every weather possibility, but I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves regardless. My SIL just moved up to Brisbane last month after over 30 years in Sydney, she loves the atmosphere, more like a big country town than a city she reckons.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Ross and :welcome4:about time you paid up and looked big,you can read with a clear conscience now haha.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome !
Hope you have a wonderful trip and you will find we are all a little mad but very helpful if needed!!! Keep posting and a thread with pictures would be good!!:WelcomeFlag:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome from Scotland, if your getting the ferry over to Cairnrayn and want somewhere to stay in Dumfries and Galloway let me know.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:pink: to Fun, who knows if you get to a fun Rally you may find someone else to do a motorhome exchange with.

OP
OP
Aussie Ross

Aussie Ross

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for the friendly welcomes and travel advice, despite the derogatory sledges at our Wallabies and Olympic swimmers. Lucky I didn't join a forum in Bangladesh or they may mention the cricket.

Obviously the avatar is a disguise; can't be too careful with the terrorists these days. Actually it's costumes we used for a dress up on a MH safari with our local club (CMCA).

We would like to attend a rally if it works out. We plan to travel without a plan, so will probably try to arrange a rally visit while we are on the road if that's possible. What would be a reasonable contact time, or should we be making arrangements before we leave Aussie.

Anyone travelling out our way is most welcome to visit. Think our email is on the Funsters site.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back