Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Hi wise ones, need a little brain power here...when I first inserted my first 3 internet with legs into a brand new tpink mifi I thingy all I did was insert the SIM and power it up. ..went straight onto the net, that was a couple of months ago and we still have about 7.5 GB left on a 12GB 3 SIM card, however as we are off for 3 weeks to France next week I purchased another 12GB 3 sim card just in case we ran out...and i had read on here that the cards must be activated in the UK before going into Europe. .so i just put the new 12GB card in the mifi and yes it went on the net straight away but its registering the same amount of data ..7.5GB as thd old sim card had left on it when in fact its a 12GB...How can this be ?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Because it's the router that holds the number of bytes transmitted/received. You should reset the counter when the old one sim runs out/expires and start afresh.

Sorry, that's a new one on me, never done that on several sim card changes - might explain couple of instances of "lost" data. How do I do it please on Huawei E5332?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry, that's a new one on me, never done that on several sim card changes - might explain couple of instances of "lost" data. How do I do it please on Huawei E5332?

I have also never needed to reset the counter on either of the Huawei mifi's I have and I have swapped SIM's quite a few times. The Three web site has always provided the correct remaining data allowance for mine. However, I believe that it is not possible to obtain this information now without fully registering a My Three account.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not an expert, but on mine I have never seen anything to indicate what I had left on a card, all I have seen is a counter of what you have used from the beginning of the dongle, so adds up all the cards.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Think you have to go through the Three dashboard.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have also never needed to reset the counter on either of the Huawei mifi's I have and I have swapped SIM's quite a few times. The Three web site has always provided the correct remaining data allowance for mine. However, I believe that it is not possible to obtain this information now without fully registering a My Three account.
Ah, are you on the dongle site or three site, totally different, dongle just adds up what you have used total, three what you have left

OP
OP
Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Have had to reset the mifi thingy with a reset button - and yes the TP Link mifi just adds up what you have used, it doesnt show what you have on or remaining on the sim card, which isnt good imo... you just feel like someone has shafted you with a 12GB card that only has a couple of Gig on it :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Ah, are you on the dongle site or three site, totally different, dongle just adds up what you have used total, three what you have left

I was referring to the Three web site. It is the OP who appears to be having some difficulty with the numbers, not me.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Anything to do with Three online is a nightmare to me - I always have to call on the online chat help person...

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009

For an E5330: (Which is the only one I have to hand)

From your browser enter IP address 192.168.0.1 (A search on the web lists the following as a possible network traffic access page for an E5332 '//192.168.1.1/api/monitoring/traffic-statistics') You'll have to cut and paste this to the device connected to your router. Unfortunately I can't test it.

Log in to the router admin panel. On the Mobile WIFI tab which displays the usage statistics press the 'Total volume' heading which will display a new page giving the reset counter option.

Apologies for misleading you if this is different to your router admin page.

To determine remaining data allowance logging on to the very slow to load '3' website appears to be the only option.

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Ah right, have seen that. Didn't realise you could reset it, but don't think it's really of any benefit unless it's done every time I change the sim card.
Too much faff, I'll go to My3 for current balance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back