N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Default London LEZ and Unweltzone
Hi,

Just thought I would raise this looming problem again, it appears Boris may have suspended the second phase for now but I assume that is only a temporary stay of execution and the Unweltzones in some of the Germany cities apparently may be changed later this year or early next thus raising/lowering the emission limits.

So my question is has anyone been looking at retro fitting filters, it appears there are some companies in Germany that have filters that may suit our motorhomes, but the British companies all seem to be concentrating on the larger HGV market.

Here's a link to a Germany site that may have suitable equipment for our older Fiats/Fords etc but my German is non existent so any one who can interpret the information and perhaps the costs involved would be very help full.

http://www.hjs.com/de/27/0/seite_1/Fahrzeuge_&_Anwendungen/Pkw/Diesel-Partikelfilter/diesel_partikelfilter.html

I have used Google to translate which is great but when you get more into the detail it starts to get complicated to understand.

Braunston posted this on another thread.

I managed to access the link (in German - the English version isn't up and running yet) and requested Google translate to do it's stuff - which it did. The problem is the translated page only stays for a couple of seconds and then reverts to the German version. I assume that there is something in my set-up that is causing this, but I have no idea what. Any of you computer-literati out there know what I need to do?

Thanks. You're brilliant (I hope ::bigsmile:)

John

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I'm not sure if there are any settings that you can change, but when it happened to me i actually downloaded and updated Google Toolbar which appeared to solve the problem.

hope it works for you

I'm using Firefox

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i tried on google translate and bablefish, both kicked it back.

bable reverted to a search engine and google preduced an error message.
"page not found..index pdf(or similar) not found on this server"

can do it by copy..paste by the page but its a bit slow.:Doh:

basicly says the company have filters for most vans/trucks from 300euro and fitting is reduce in price until christmas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JayDee

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
OK Braunston, I'll try that.
I'm using Firefox too.

Thanks

John
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
And if that doesn't I'll try your way John.

I'd imagine that a 2006 engine would be within the set limits, but just wanted to check.

John

OP
OP
JayDee

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi,

I'm not sure if there are any settings that you can change, but when it happened to me i actually downloaded and updated Google Toolbar which appeared to solve the problem.

hope it works for you

I'm using Firefox

Forgot to say thanks. I did a re-install of the Google Toolbar and translate works like a dream.:thumb:

Thanks very much for the tip.

John

sasservice

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Funster No
I believe google has just updated/upgraded the translate feature sometime in the past few weeks. I noticed that it still won't translate embedded text (understandably) but it looks like the overall functionality is vastly improved.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back