• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Honda EU10i generator (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Does anyone know of an EU10i generator for sale please? Have looked on gumtree but the ones on there are too far away. For those that have one are they really quiet enough not to disturb neighbouring vans while you dry your hair for 10 minutes?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
a bit more than i want to spend but thanks for the thought. (y)
I thought it might be - but equally if she's not sold it, she might be willing to drop the price - and as @hilldweller suggests the 2k one might be more appropriate.
(Cheaper too if a 1k one isn't powerful enough so becomes money wasted :unsure:)

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I thought it might be - but equally if she's not sold it, she might be willing to drop the price - and as @hilldweller suggests the 2k one might be more appropriate.
(Cheaper too if a 1k one isn't powerful enough so becomes money wasted :unsure:)
someone is already offering around £550. The smaller one is fine as i dont use a high wattage hairdryer and i only use the lower setting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
What about the Hyundai equivalent £399 new or if you look on eBay company sells ex demo for £299.
I bought Hyundai 2000sei demo for £558, pull start, key start or remote start.

John.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
What about the Hyundai equivalent £399 new or if you look on eBay company sells ex demo for £299.
I bought Hyundai 2000sei demo for £558, pull start, key start or remote start.

John.
i will check out the decibel level to see if they are as quiet as the honda. (y)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
IG 1000 (yellow one) KIPOR Used 6to 8 timeso any trial £275.00
Collect Mansfield or take to Lincoln or Burtonwood RV Meet
Geo
Reason for sale upgraded to Kipor IG 2000 for RV use

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
@Coolbeanz

We have just purchased a Honda generator for charging my electric wheelchair when we stay at the New Forest sites which have no electric hook ups.

After all the "bad press" on here, I had decided against getting one on the grounds that anyone parked near us was already having a bad day!

My mind was changed a few weeks ago when Dawn and I were shopping at Lymington High Steet market. We actually walked passed a stall which was running a Honda generator and didn't realise it was running!

I spoke to the stall holder for his opinion. He says he has sometimes tried to put it away whilst it was still running. That was good enough for me.

As an aside; Dawn is able to start the generator too, so it's all good.

Regads,

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Hello you two. We have a EU 20i. Never use it and it works perfectly. The good news is it has been converted to LPG, and we live in Suffolk as you know.
We are around for 5 more days then off for 6 weeks so give us a ring on 07772 842 903.
Phil and Gill

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hello you two. We have a EU 20i. Never use it and it works perfectly. The good news is it has been converted to LPG, and we live in Suffolk as you know.
We are around for 5 more days then off for 6 weeks so give us a ring on 07772 842 903.
Phil and Gill
Have sent you pm.(y)

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
IG 1000 (yellow one) KIPOR Used 6to 8 timeso any trial £275.00
Collect Mansfield or take to Lincoln or Burtonwood RV Meet
Geo
Reason for sale upgraded to Kipor IG 2000 for RV use
I want the Honda one as it is the lowest decibels and was recommended by A and N caravans but thank you, yours is a good price.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Kerry, I've had the 1.0l Honda since I was Sailing and I believe it is the best available. It is so much lighter than the 2.0l and quieter than all the rest so you have made the right decision in my opinion.

If you would like to carry mine for an extended loan you are very welcome.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hi Kerry, I've had the 1.0l Honda since I was Sailing and I believe it is the best available. It is so much lighter than the 2.0l and quieter than all the rest so you have made the right decision in my opinion.

If you would like to carry mine for an extended loan you are very welcome.
Thank you that's really helpful and the offer of borrowing it is very sweet but I never like to borrow things so hopefully will get one with all the great responses I've had. (y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There is a generator available made by Champion runs at 53 Db so quieter than Honda

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Well I took delivery of a new Roadpro 12v hairdryer today and much to Glynn's delight and my surprise it worked. It was slower of course but it still did the trick. To be fair I have baby fine hair and I have no doubt if I had thicker hair it would have been worse than useless. I knew one day I would be grateful for fine hair!! After the great expense with the new motorhome Glynn is chuffed to bits that he hasn't got to spend more money!! Thanks everyone for all the input and let's see what happens after a few days at Lincoln show, I may be back on here asking for a gennie again :whistle2:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well I took delivery of a new Roadpro 12v hairdryer today and much to Glynn's delight and my surprise it worked. It was slower of course but it still did the trick. To be fair I have baby fine hair and I have no doubt if I had thicker hair it would have been worse than useless. I knew one day I would be grateful for fine hair!! After the great expense with the new motorhome Glynn is chuffed to bits that he hasn't got to spend more money!! Thanks everyone for all the input and let's see what happens after a few days at Lincoln show, I may be back on here asking for a gennie again :whistle2:
I had not relised that you used a hair drier if I remember correctley you other half needed it more than you :LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back