Hymer Exsis T 588 fitted bed linen - any tips (1 Viewer)

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Hi, we have the Hymer Exsis-T 588 with 2 single beds and infill cushions to make a large double. Has anyone with the same model any tips on fitted bed linen, its a nightmare:

Single bed parts are only 80 m wide and one is split to lift up, with the bottom part (under feet) tapered
Infill cushions - 1 permanent on upper half, plus additional infill cushion (between the 2 sets of fett, not shown on diagram

currently using cheap fitted single bed sheets and folding round but they are rather baggy

I would like stretchy ones and have looked at the Hymer online accessories shop but it's a nightmare working out which are the correct ones - they don't specify model and they could be wrong - no contact form or anything to ask advice

Any owner out there solved it?

TIA, Ruth

RM_Exsis-t588LS_Fiat_MJ15_030614_RZ.f6448052.png

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Ruth, we have a Hymer Exsis I578 which looks to have a similar bed arrangement at the back. We managed to find small single fitted sheets (narrower) which seem to fit well although there is still a baggy bit in the cut out corner. I could solve that with a bit of elastic tbh. I have made my own covers for the infill cushions.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Have you tried IKEA?
Their bed/mattresses are not UK standard sizes - just might find something suitable.

Or do you know of a seamstress, or alteration service - might be able to alter a standard sheet cheaper than getting bespoke MH ones.

Jonic ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a i678 same bed layout, bought some standard sheets and elastic and made two sets of fitted sheets to fit, had to do it myself as wife couldn't be bothered.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Single bed parts are only 80 m wide

Wow, I'm not surprised that you are struggling to find something to fit :LOL:.

Suggest that you search French websites e.g. leboncoin.fr for "drap-housse 80 x 190" there seem to be loads or other lengths as needed.

OP
OP
ruthiebabe

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Thanks all, it's a pain as I don't like white or cream in the van, risk of getting grubby quicker!

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks all, it's a pain as I don't like white or cream in the van, risk of getting grubby quicke

We were the same, I have gone for a jolly Satsuma colour on our beds which are the same as yours ! I didn't have any old single sheets and so bought one from a charity shop for 20p to use as a template to work out what to do.

Lots of other colours are available in a small sized single or flat sheet that you can simply hem and add elastic to deal with the corners.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Thanks all, it's a pain as I don't like white or cream in the van, risk of getting grubby quicker!

They cannot get any dirtier any quicker but as usual with wimmin it's appearances that matter.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi, we have the Hymer Exsis-T 588 with 2 single beds and infill cushions to make a large double. Has anyone with the same model any tips on fitted bed linen, its a nightmare:

Single bed parts are only 80 m wide and one is split to lift up, with the bottom part (under feet) tapered
Infill cushions - 1 permanent on upper half, plus additional infill cushion (between the 2 sets of fett, not shown on diagram

currently using cheap fitted single bed sheets and folding round but they are rather baggy

I would like stretchy ones and have looked at the Hymer online accessories shop but it's a nightmare working out which are the correct ones - they don't specify model and they could be wrong - no contact form or anything to ask advice

Any owner out there solved it?

TIA, Ruth

View attachment 120417
Try http://www.jonic-uk.co.uk/ they do made to measure and reasonable price too.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have a look at those made for static caravans as the single beds are often narrower than domestic beds.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
These might fit?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back