Sold up... Let the adventures begin... (1 Viewer)

AlwaysOnTheMove

Free Member
Aug 16, 2016
UK - Soon to be on the move
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Arapaho soon
Exp
Hello everybody,

I have been using these forums for research purposes for many months and am delighted to announce that we have now sold our house and are about to embark on a journey that may never end! Thought therefore that it was about time I signed up and said Hello....

We plan to full time for the next few years and see where it takes us.

We should complete mid to end October and are planning to head down to Tenerife for the winter months (we have friends there), ferry with a dog from Cadiz looks interesting and we will be speaking to them to clarify that situation. After that we will spend spring / summer next year in France and then Italy.

So excited I can't tell you!!

We will be using Aires and Passion France / Italy when we travel, don't plan to spend too much time on campsites and with our intended MH purchase, that might be wise.

We have settled on an Auto-Trail Arapaho after looking at so many MHs and poring over the information. It's a big one and has a large lounge area, something we felt was important if we are living in it. Also great for when the kids come and stay. They have already booked themselves in for a visit in Tenerife over Xmas :) no surprise there. A bit pricey at ÂŁ50k but the dealer is local and has a good reputation, which is important to us as it's such a big purchase.

Keen to say hello to everyone and share stories and maybe even get to meet some of your at some point over the coming 12 months.

Looking at comfort for insurance and will still have a UK address, so hopefully won't be an issue.

Did I say how excited we are !!!

OP
OP
AlwaysOnTheMove

AlwaysOnTheMove

Free Member
Aug 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Arapaho soon
Exp
Yes, I have read a few threads on that... we plan to just park up and relax for a few months and friends are helping find a spot. Probably not great for travelling, we just wanted some winter sun to begin our adventure and seems the hottest place in Europe.

As you say, exciting either way. We are both laid back and take everything in our stride. Can always go somewhere else... our house will have wheels soon :Grin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Hello :hi:
It all sounds so exciting....good for you and good luck with your adventure.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:hiya::WelcomeFlag:Good luck with your adventure If you've got a good un Autotrails are alright we had two before moving to an A class.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome, I know someone who spent a few months in a MH in the Canaries earlier this year. They are not a member here but I'll see what info I can find and post any links.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Hey cool, we are just back from a holiday in Reefie and noticed a nice Spanish Aire in Los Cristianos - just along from the Arona Gran hotel - good luck on your travels

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Hi AND WELCOME . JOHN N LINDA
keep us updated on your travels ps I love Tenerife .

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hello and welcome, hope it all turns out well for you. (y)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
20150804_171606.jpg
20151125_123041.jpg

We're in Lanzarote and done ferry from Cadiz with dog a fair few times. Feel free to ask any questions :)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Good luck in your new adventure. We too are thinking of full timing for a few years, life's too short to sit in the house wondering if we're missing a trick. We've always enjoyed our holidays in motorhome or caravan, in fact coming home from holidays with work hanging over me used to get me down. It'll be the UK for us but we both love county shows & events like the Great Dorset Steam Fair, so the time will be well used & we can always settle back down when the need arises or maybe not lol.
Enjoy yourselves. Hazel & Robert.

OP
OP
AlwaysOnTheMove

AlwaysOnTheMove

Free Member
Aug 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Arapaho soon
Exp
Hey cool, we are just back from a holiday in Reefie and noticed a nice Spanish Aire in Los Cristianos - just along from the Arona Gran hotel - good luck on your travels

Thanks fantastic information, I didn't think they had any campsites let alone Aires, hence our friends trying to find us somewhere to park up for winter. I will look into that right now... any other experiences, good or bad, gratefully received.

View attachment 120260 View attachment 120261

We're in Lanzarote and done ferry from Cadiz with dog a fair few times. Feel free to ask any questions :)

That would be really helpful, had heard it was bad but was hoping we could keep little Alfie in the MH with us rather than having him caged up with quick visits. Will send you a message if I can work out how. This was our main concern with the trip.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
That would be really helpful, had heard it was bad but was hoping we could keep little Alfie in the MH with us rather than having him caged up with quick visits. Will send you a message if I can work out how. This was our main concern with the trip.
I managed to sneak into my camper but not really allowed. Doggies can be walked on most of the top deck. Kennels are alright and plenty of fresh air

20151125_181115.jpg

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks fantastic information, I didn't think they had any campsites let alone Aires, hence our friends trying to find us somewhere to park up for winter. I will look into that right now... any other experiences, good or bad, gratefully received.

In order to use the PM facility you will need to sign up and pay the ÂŁ15 annual fee; once done, you just start a Conversation.

Hope that helps.
Denise

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
park up and relax for a few months and friends are helping find a spot.

Sorry for stating the obvious, well it is to the old hands, but that spot needs incoming water, outgoing dirty water and most important somewhere to dump your sewage every day or so.

If you have a solar panel or two you may live without an electricity supply though the short low winter sun does not help.

You need to find a Spanish gas bottle for cooking and heating but that should be the easy problem.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Sorry for stating the obvious, well it is to the old hands, but that spot needs incoming water, outgoing dirty water and most important somewhere to dump your sewage every day or so.

If you have a solar panel or two you may live without an electricity supply though the short low winter sun does not help.

You need to find a Spanish gas bottle for cooking and heating but that should be the easy problem.
Lots of petrol stations let me fill up with water. Empty at the public loos.

Solar will suffice as it's sunny EVERY day :)

Heating? You're having a laugh ;)

OP
OP
AlwaysOnTheMove

AlwaysOnTheMove

Free Member
Aug 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Arapaho soon
Exp

Yes, we have considered all of this. Like I said, we have friends who live there so are hoping we can rely on their generosity to help out with power and possibly water supply / black water removal. If we can get power I am sure we can improvise the others.

There are some camp sites I can now see on the Island thanks to the earlier poster, so we can always drop in every now and then if we struggle, to top up and empty out.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, wow that sounds like a fantastic adventure. As said above you need to subscribe to a further posts but it's worth and you'll get your money back in advise alone. (y)

Mickrik

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Cannock, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Apache 634
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi There and................................:welcome4:

Good luck on your great adventure, I would love to get out there on an adventure for a long period of time once I get to hang my boots up.

Love your choice of MH

Keep us up to date with how you are doing

Mick

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome! :WelcomeFlag:Enjoy your adventure! It sounds like you will!! Good luck and safe travels!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back