Go on persuade me ! (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Spain, Should we go in January or not.
We have for the past 8 years of owning a MH had two trips over to France a year, a couple of weeks in April and a week in September, we have also taken a two week holiday in January in the big silver bird flying to the sunshine of Antigua.
We could use the whole of January next year to drive down to Spain but I'm dubious about the weather and I have been reading of MH's being packed in to camp sites like sardines, which is definitely what we don't want !
Is it possible to find quiet sites, needn't be near the sea and can we expect a moderate amount of sun ?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Reading all the threads over the winter of Funsters in Spain and Portugal at that time I would go in a heartbeat!! And say yes!! A bit of overcrowding verses warm winter! No contest!!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Go on do it!! Plenty of space depends where you go but we haven't experienced packed campsites at that time the weather is lovely as long as you stick around the coastal regions Almeria area is nice,in fact the whole place is nice you won't regret it promise(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Sites may be busy if not full but not packed like sardines,,Always had decent weather,,shorts and t shirts most days. Can be cool at night,,,Had hardly any rain in the last 5 or 6 years,,,give it a try,,,BUSBY,,,

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Spain, Should we go in January or not.
MH's being packed in to camp sites like sardines, which is definitely what we don't want !
Is it possible to find quiet sites, needn't be near the sea and can we expect a moderate amount of sun ?

Weather wise -- Well worth it.

Sites-- Coastal sites CAN be full, overcrowded, sardines have more room...Many like it like that because they don't move all winter. Move a little inland, sites are quieter, weather is similar but of course less convenient for shops, restaurants etc.
Move more inland, the altitude increases, cooler nights, more isolated, quieter campsites..

There are choices for everyone...

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
The busier sites tend to be up around Benidorm if you like company that's the place to go.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Here in Lanzarote the winter weather is superb and you can camp on any beach you like. I bet there's less than 50 campers on whole island, so no busy areas. And all free :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back