Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi thanks for all your advice, we have now found a motorhome, its a 1993 Hymer Camp 55, only thing we need now is a tow bar ,as we want to tow our bubble car with it , anybody got any ideas where we should start, we dont mind second hand or even if we have to remove it ourselves, any ideas gratefully received, thanks Gary & Lynne::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
We really are this happy

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi thanks for all your advice, we have now found a motorhome, its a 1993 Hymer Camp 55, only thing we need now is a tow bar ,as we want to tow our bubble car with it , anybody got any ideas where we should start, we dont mind second hand or even if we have to remove it ourselves, any ideas gratefully received, thanks Gary & Lynne::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
We really are this happy

Hi, Bubble not sure where you are but if in the North West you could get a towbar made by a guy in Freckleton near Blackpool, if not up here then Towal in Stoke can do one for you. There are others as well but really depends where you are. Others will post I'm sure. It will have to be made as they are not usually a "stock" item. Cost about £3-400 ish.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
hi thanks for that we are in suffolk, forgot to add that:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Bubble
We know a guy that makes special tow- bars (he also fits standard ones) he is based at March, Cambs. We believe he trades as "UK tow bars"
We don't have his contact details at hand, but if you need them give us a shout.
Pamala & Nigel

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi thanks for that, if you could find details that would be great, Lynne

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Bubble

We live in Norwich but went to Armitages in Ferrybridge as it was about £300 cheaper than one in Sudbury, that Simpsons recommended.

The 3 Kings

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi thanks for the reply, perhaps as we are newbies we are a bit silly but can you explain the above message in newbie terms please, thanks Lynne:Doh:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Bubbles

His name is John Raynor and contact no. is 07886 584052 - mention I gave you his no.

Nigel

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Bubble

We live in Norwich but went to Armitages in Ferrybridge as it was about £300 cheaper than one in Sudbury, that Simpsons recommended.

The 3 Kings

Hi Bubble
Simpsons at Great Yarmouth recommended someone at Sudbury that fitted Tow Bars but we found a company in Ferrybridge, West Yorskhire that were £300 cheaper.

There name and telephone number is Armitages, Ferrybridge. Tel 01977 607155 - or www.armitage trailers.com

Sorry if my previous post was a little non descript but probarbly had been on the vino,lol

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Thank you so much, I am glad you were enjoying yourself with your vino, i am very gratful you took the time to reply again thanks, Lynne

squireh

Free Member
Oct 15, 2009
west lancashire coast
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
New mnembers

Our names Jean &Keith both retired 2 years.Live on the North West Lancashire Coast,Van is a Herald Squire that we have had 6 years,Before that we owned a vw brickie.I l like most sports,real ale &the open road. We try to get to Spain for two or three months each year, Hope to be a regular on this site. Cheers Keith.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Our names Jean &Keith both retired 2 years.Live on the North West Lancashire Coast,Van is a Herald Squire that we have had 6 years,Before that we owned a vw brickie.I l like most sports,real ale &the open road. We try to get to Spain for two or three months each year, Hope to be a regular on this site. Cheers Keith.

hi kieth.

a suggestion to get you noticed.

copy your first post then go to the "forums" page on the blue task bar below the motorhomefun banner.

then scroll down and click the "introduce yourself" header.

then click "new thread"...its in orange.

paste or re-write your introduction there.

i only found your post by accident.

first time for everything and dont worry about it.

welcome to the FUN.

JOHN.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back