Missing essential equipment (1 Viewer)

Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
Just got back from the test weekend with the new (to us) MH and everything was good except for one piece of essential equipment that we found to be missing. It's unbelievable - we spent hours looking round the van and tested just about every fitted option to make sure everything was working but somehow we missed this. Without this being resolved my life is going to be a living hell. My right ear has already swelled to twice normal size due to the ear bashing from the MH Capitano in the passenger seat.

So does anyone know if I can retrofit a passenger seat sun visor with a vanity mirror? Or install a mirror into the existing one. It needs to be one with a light too. MH is a PVC on a 2011 Fiat Ducato Maxi.

Failing that, any good internet bride sites? I may be needing a replacement :whistle:.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You can get mirrors with sticky backs that will just stick to sun visor.or perhaps glue one.
Ensure that the heat doesn't unstick it lol

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Oh yes, also suffered from my left ear being swelled for the same reason( yours must be a LH drive, as its your right ear:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ).
New Burstner on a fiat base, but NO vanity mirrow.
Swivel the interior mirrow to face towards the passenger seat, and tell her that she will have to stretch a bit:D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SwissBob
Jun 9, 2016
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Oh yes, also suffered from my left ear being swelled for the same reason( yours must be a LH drive, as its your right ear:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ).
New Burstner on a fiat base, but NO vanity mirrow.
Swivel the interior mirrow to face towards the passenger seat, and tell her that she will have to stretch a bit:D

No interior mirror either. As indicated above - the light is the issue as I can get a simple stick on for a few CHF. I'm going to investigate the mounting of the existing one and see if he cabling for a light is present and then maybe try a breakers or a Fiat parts place to replace the whole visor.

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Use a sticky backed one and stick a small book light next to it - Not the neatest of jobs but should work and prevent any further damage to your ear!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SwissBob
Jun 9, 2016
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Use a sticky backed one and stick a small book light next to it - Not the neatest of jobs but should work and prevent any further damage to your ear!!!

Would that involve the need to press a button at all? If so it is probably not acceptable :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Haha! After MH a few days Mrs Swissbob won't care what she looks like!! We all do in the end which is why fleeces and crocs are de rigueur!!

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This one is worth a punt as it isn't expensive though the reviews are mixed: Amazon product ASIN B004K2TPT6Not automatic though - I did find one of those in the US but it was $180 so probably not quite what you are looking for. :) Ear plugs would be cheaper.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Stick on mirror and a torch, sorted. :D