Lake Constance Campsite or similar (1 Viewer)

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi

Can anyone recommend any good campsites around Lake Constance or another lake in the same area please, we usually use the ACSI but I can only see one in particular in there (Campingplatz Horn Bodensee). We have an inflatable kayak and would like to be close to the lake shore so we can walk it to the waters edge.

A bonus would be good toilets and showers, within walking distance or a bike ride of a village or town with cafes and restaurants and cycle routes.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Perhaps not a lot of help as I have only driven past it when attending meetings in the area but ther is a campsite by the lake at Uberlingen. Remember as far as the Germans are concerned it is the Bodensee rather than Lake Constance.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
There's a Aire/car park in south Lindua with a free bus into town that is by the lake.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed on the stellplatz at Meersburg at the end of August last year. If I remember rightly there are three parking areas, the one we stayed on was 12 euros a night but had showers and toilets. Only about a 20 minute pleasant walk down to the lake and handy for supermarket etc.

There is an airship museum at Meersburg, we didn't get to visit as it was too hot to leave the dog in the van.

Altogether a lovely area and well worth a visit, not too far to drive from Calais either.

The photo gives you an idea what to expect.......

Bodensee.JPG

Paul

OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Thanks for your replies

(y)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Perhaps not a lot of help as I have only driven past it when attending meetings in the area but ther is a campsite by the lake at Uberlingen. Remember as far as the Germans are concerned it is the Bodensee rather than Lake Constance.
Stayed there years ago it was quite a pleasant site ..we were pitched right by the lake.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Stayed at Bodensee last Sept, excellent site, local bike paths and good access to lake . Quality facilities, very relaxing

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We stayed at Campigplatz AllensBach. We stayed at the Stellplatz at the front of the campsite. You enjoy all the facilities of the campsite. Price 17.50 Euros a night last July. It's directly on the lake we used our canoe there. They have a decent restaurant on site. In previous years we have stayed on the campsite but actually prefer the Stellplatz. There is also a Stellplatz at Radolfzell. It's a short walk to the lake and canoe launchung. I think this one was 8 euros a night but no facilities.

Sonja

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Theres an ASCI site up at the NW of the lake not too far from Ludwighaven right on the lake edge. If I had taken a leap from our door would have been swimming. We stayed early this year and its good for a few days.
Sorry dint have access to book for number.

Aug 14, 2017
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8096df
Exp
Since 2008
Stayed at a recently updated stellplatz at Uberlingen by the hospital.10 euros/ nt meter.water/grey waste and toilet waste metered. Electric available- its come 1st served. 5 min walk into town and lakeside.w lots of good eateries. Quite quiet location, would recommend for o/ night or 2 nights.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back