Free Member
Aug 14, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newish
We recently bought a 2006 Compass Avantgarde 100, and assumed that the rattling and squeaking which seemed to come from the oven was just the metal racks etc.
Having removed them all and padded everything else as far as possible, it seems to have made no difference.
I was dismayed to read in 'What a row' that this seems the norm.
Has anyone ever removed an oven altogether, and did this make a difference?
I don't know why there seems to be such a UK obsession with ovens anyway. Who is going to do a roast dinner while motorhoming.
Sorry to have started a new thread, but this is my first post, and I did not seem to be able to add to the other one.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I don't know why there seems to be such a UK obsession with ovens anyway. Who is going to do a roast dinner while motorhoming.

How do you cook ----- Ready meals? Warm up pies? Oven chips? Grill a full english? ------- Toast?:Eeek:

Besides stuffing the oven gloves between the grill pan and the grill burner our Dometic oven is perfectly silent - as is the rest of our Burstner.

OP
OP
M

Mikeddddd

Free Member
Aug 14, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newish
We have too much fun eating out and enjoying ourselves, to bother too much with cooking. You can do that at home.
My main point was the noise element.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Remove the oven !!!!!

A bit drastic for a bit of rattling.
As well as the shelves put a towel under the glass lid (assuming it has one) and between the pan stand grid and oven top.

I agree they are annoying but eventually you don't notice squeaks and rattles......and the radio has a loud knob.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Without knowing which bit of the oven is rattling it's difficult to suggest solutions, but I suspect the side/bottom plates etc are loose - this may or may not be the case depending on what make/type of oven you have.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
[QUOTE="Who is going to do a roast dinner while motorhoming" .[/QUOTE]
me! I use my oven all the time, just a pity it is a bit rubbish and keeps going out.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We recently bought a 2006 Compass Avantgarde 100, and assumed that the rattling and squeaking which seemed to come from the oven was just the metal racks etc.
Having removed them all and padded everything else as far as possible, it seems to have made no difference.
I was dismayed to read in 'What a row' that this seems the norm.
Has anyone ever removed an oven altogether, and did this make a difference?
Sorry to have started a new thread, but this is my first post, and I did not seem to be able to add to the other one.
I do. Nothing nicer when the weather is crap, all the family together, bro, sil & 3 kids plus hubby and me and our 2 little people, and my best roast potatoes were produced in the south of France. Just ask my niece the best roasties she's ever had in her life. Btw she's now 25 and still raves about them.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
No oven and don't want one.. any we have had were crap.. take up a lot of space, payload and rattle all day long.. only good for storing bread in..

I can heat pies, cook roast chicken , roast potatoes etc etc

in fact everything you can do in an oven I can do in my Webber Q series barbie..

there is life after the oven..

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have an oven which works well and doesn't rattle but much of the time use our Remoska , good bit of kit (y)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
They fit a radio for a good reason.

Turn it up!

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We don't have an std oven in our RV, we have a combi microwave/convection/grill. Never used one before but have to admit it is great. We often have roast dinners while away but I cook them on the cadac.

OP
OP
M

Mikeddddd

Free Member
Aug 14, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newish
We have a lot to learn. All tips to new motorhomers at 70 would be gratefully accepted.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
From my experience ovens rattle. We miss ours though and will have one in our next van. Packing them full and padding them round with teatowels is the answer.

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
No oven in ours, but the grille rattles, tea towels solve it though.

Not sure I see the point of an oven in a MH, hob, bbq and grille pretty much covers everything we can be bothered cooking

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Easy solution :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
image.jpeg

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Tried wrapping tea towels round the trays, left one in and lit the oven!
No more tea towels, just a louder radio lol
Have done a roast but takes longer as I understand the jets are smaller.
Great when the weather is miserable, but wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
How do you cook ----- Ready meals? Warm up pies? Oven chips? Grill a full english? ------- Toast?:Eeek:

Besides stuffing the oven gloves between the grill pan and the grill burner our Dometic oven is perfectly silent - as is the rest of our Burstner.

We can do all of that with a double skillet (but we still use the oven sometimes)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back