Totally unhelpful wardens (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Up to now I have thought that site wardens did a great job and had never had a problem with any of them up to now that is,we arrived at the Keswicj C&CC site on Friday and where allocated one of the last two pitches no problem now it's Sunday and there are plenty of spaces so we asked if we could move onto another pitch where we could get a satellite signal. We told that it was impossible as it would take at least 4 hours to change our pitch on the computer and if we did everyone else would want to do it and there would be a huge line of people wanting . They are adamant they aren't going to do it . So here we are looking at loads of empty pitches but can't move because someone can't be bothered. Is it me it can't be that hard to change a pitch number on an computer can it ,it's not like the pitches are allocated before arrival .:eek:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I was of the belief that you could not save spaces,but have been on sites where there have been reserved plots,but signs were there in place when we arrived. Sometimes,at the wardens discretion,a family may ask if it would be possible to be near other family members on arrival,also,disabled campers wanting to be near the ablutions block,i have no problem with that.
The warden should have his eye on the ball,all the time,so,if there are no "Reserved" signs on any of the pitches,he is asleep at the wheel,or,nobodies coming for any special pitch i would have just moved,and told him when i was in place,our new plot number. Does it state in the site book,that TV reception is patchy,as if its a known fact,they cannot fault anyone for moving to a pitch with TV.
Huge line of people waiting to change pitches ?................... And you in there on your own ? mmmm. 4 hours ? So there is someone as bad as me on the pooter LOL
MOVE.
Tea Bag

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Ask for a note saying you cannot move and the name of the area manager. If they say they have no time, you write it and ask them to sign it. If they refuse, you write there words on the note in front of them. Do not give in and do not be afraid to ring the Club on Monday. I would also ask those on the site if they have any comments to make.
Good Luck.
Bernie

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've never ever heard such nonsense.. make a complaint in writing

10. QUERIES OR COMPLAINTS
10.1 - At each site there will be a holiday site manager supported by our holiday site team. The team is there to help ensure you have an excellent holiday.

10.2 - Any cause for complaint must in the first instance be addressed with a member of the holiday site team. If in the unlikely event that the complaint cannot be resolved on site then it should be addressed for the attention of the customer services team, UK Club Sites Department, the Camping and Caravanning Club Limited, Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry CV4 8JH.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
4 hours would not be any where long enough for me to do something on a computer. Haha. As it is if I mess the computer up now I have to wait till the son comes home. Haha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Just move to where you want and drop a note into reception telling them where you have moved to.
If they don't like it what are they going to do?
Tow you off?
Another reason why mh'ing in the EU is better
In Spain and Portugal we have often changed pitches when using their dedicated mh stops when a better one has become available and never had a problem

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294

10.1 - At each site there will be a holiday site manager supported by our holiday site team. The team is there to help ensure you have an excellent holiday.

10.2 - Any cause for complaint must in the first instance be addressed with a member of the holiday site team. If in the unlikely event that the complaint cannot be resolved on site then it should be addressed for the attention of the customer services team, UK Club Sites Department, the Camping and Caravanning Club Limited, Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry CV4 8JH.
Thanks for that info Jim i am going to do that as soon as we get home as the Internet. Is useless here and just to make matters worse the pitch I wanted this morning has just been took by an Italian couple that weren't members and did not have a booking .thanks everyone for the support I am too soft to make a big fuss here but have complained on site and will take the matter further .

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Definitely complain to HO, what twaddle!

If it takes them 4 hours to change the pitch on the computer they should not be employed. Speaking from experience if it took the average person who knows the system 5 minutes I'd be surprised.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
We had the same problem last New Year at Keswick C&CC because of trees , couldn't get a Sat signal and the dish just kept searching .:cry::cry:
However I then tried the Status Ariel and managed to get reasonable terrestrial signal keeping SWMBO happy .(y)

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001

Why not telephone Monday am and ask to speak to the Sites Director, this needs to be addressed without delay.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Great replies already given, but I would say as already suggested, just move, what can they do

Particularly if you are going tomorrow anyway (y)
David I know you are right but as I get older I feel I want to make a big thing of it and I know I should but sometimes times it's easier to to let things go ,wrong I know but easier but I will see them tomorrow to pay for a canoe launching and I am bound to say something

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Howard H , the most important thing is to enjoy your evening, or at least make the most of it

How about you pull a couple of chairs up outside the wardens caravan and watch their TV :LOL::LOL:

seriously we are all quick to tell others what to do, I am fuming for you, hopefully they will be feeling my anger from here, how about tomorrow when you go to pay for the launch, bit like you have every right to when paying for a meal where you get poor service, tell them you are unhappy with how they dealt with your request to move today and that you do not intend to pay the final amount due, following on with you will be writing to HO to explain why

I find cash in my pocket in lieu of poor service even if only a couple of £'s makes feel better

But for now have another glass of your preference and breath, and so will I :)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hang on, you're in the Lakes, one of the most beautiful places in the UK and you want to watch telly? I think I am missing something here.

Edit maybe it's not me that is missing something.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hang on, you're in the Lakes, one of the most beautiful places in the UK and you want to watch telly? I think I am missing something here.

Edit maybe it's not me that is missing something.
My thoughts actually,but the awkwardness of the wardens is not on ..love Keswick and have great memories of the lovely views and walks .never missed not having a tv signal just too much to enjoy.. But each to their own if they enjoy certain programs who am I to criticise..hope they do inform the powers to be about the unhelpful wardens.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294

Edit maybe it's not me that is missing something.[/QUOTE
You are right but we are here for 5 days and I thought it was a perfectly reasonable request seeing there was so many empty pitches . I don't want to watch tv all day only catch up on the Olympic s and a bit of news so Mabey you are right and one of us is missing something!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back