Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
for anyone not sure how do charge laptop from van without using a invertor here is the maplin 12v laptop charger
Link Removed
very useful bit of kit

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I bought that and unfortunately my Dell laptop does not let it work "unrecognized power supply". It appears they have logic in their PS.
JK

Lucky it even fitted the socket, Dell tends to be that bit different and the voltage settings were all .5 out too. I had the first bit of kit with my previous laptop (not Dell) very good. This time I bought the one you can buy from Dell (£55 ish) for just over £20 from fleabay, genuine part too, brand new and at the time the company had a lot. There may be some more on there.
Jane :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
May 22, 2008
Funster No
I want one .Any one used one for an HP PAVILION ZW 6000 ?:RollEyes::RollEyes:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I ought to add the Dell thing I bought came with a really neat little power supply thingy, two normal socket leads (long and short) an extention lead for between power supply and laptop, 12v adaptor lead and a lead for aeroplane sockets. It means I can leave it in the van all the time and use the power supply that came with the laptop at home.AND, for the ladies, it came in a neat little zip-up bag. AND, for the men... in black!
Jane :Smile:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I want one .Any one used one for an HP PAVILION ZW 6000 ?:RollEyes::RollEyes:

We use one on SWMBO's HP Pavillion dv6000 and on my Samsung N120 notebook. :thumb:

Check the voltages on your pooter our charger can be used from 12v to 18v in .5v steps you just set it to the nearest above. Brilliant ::bigsmile:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Bobandjane

Could you tell us the name of yours and where you bought it from as we too need one for our Dell.

Thanks

Nigel and Pamala

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi you two,
I do not know what Dell you have but I got mine, from a power seller on fleabay bargain*hardware was the seller. I suggest you go onto the Dell website and you will be able to find the appropriate supply according to your laptop model, then take the model number of that, mine is DA65NS3 do a search and go from there!
I just did a bit of a search and if I wanted another the same as mine the best deal I can find is item number 190342218338 which is at £34.99 delivered (and they are complete and new) but it seems they accepted offers of £29.99 on them back in July (more checking!) It is the cheapest I can find (£55 is common and I have not checked if delivery included) and before anyone says they see it cheaper..... DO check to see that the 12v cigarette adaptor thing is there!
Hope that helps! Jane:Smile:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I went to Maplins today after reading this post and had a look at the charger, there didn't appear to be an adaptor on it to fit my lap top , my connection requires two pins/ socket, they were very helpful at Maplins and want me to take my lap top and charger in to them so they can work something out for me. :thumb::thumb:

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
Seems it's no use for our MacBooks either. Reckon we will need a 300W pure sine wave invertor connected to a second leisure battery to keep them going while on the road.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Seems it's no use for our MacBooks either. Reckon we will need a 300W pure sine wave invertor connected to a second leisure battery to keep them going while on the road.

Hi

I assume you mean the latest Macs with the MagSafe design .. ?

Im afraid there are none. Apple does not make a car adapter, and they have not licensed the MagSafe design to 3rd party vendors (although there are some outfits that will cut the MagSafe plug off an Apple adapter and splice to a different power supply). An inverter is probably your best bet.

No problem with the older Macs like mine..

jim

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
[Seems it's no use for our MacBooks either. Reckon we will need a 300W pure sine wave invertor connected to a second leisure battery to keep them going while on the road.

Done some Googling and found this product,

MacBook MacBook Pro 1517 CAR/Air Power Battery Charger [MacBook MacBook Pro] - £32.82 : Emergency Mobile Charger ,Computer Accessories, laptop ac adapter,Laptop Accessories, www.dreambox8000.co.uk

looks like it's been cobbled together .. may be of interest ...?

jim

Last edited:

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Was lookinga t some UPS packs and saved this ,dunno why lol but maybe useful:thumb:
Link Removed

this part for
Travel Adapters etc :

Link Removed

Last edited:

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
It's been difficult to work out a solution for our power needs especially as we don't have the van yet to try things out! Both our laptops are the magsafe type. We want to be able to run them both at the same time for up to five hours at a time. This is why we have come to the conclusion that a dedicated leisure battery is required.

We intend moving between locations most days and certainly won't be static for more than 48 hours at a time. We would like to stay independent from EHU as much as possible, perhaps just using campsites for top-ups and emptying water/waste.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back