How to supply gas to barbcue from gaslow system. (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I want to have a cadac, not powered by little canisters, we have gaslow fitted,2 cylinders, is there any way of supplying the cadac with gas from the bottles without having an external point fitted.
Thinking of a gas supply from the bottles curled up in gas locker and brought out when needed. we do have a light gas bottle too but can carry it or cadac when taking the motorbike, but not both. We do have a single burner gas hob which uses canisters, but it's not a BBQ lol
P.S. John isn't bothered about having one, but i get embarassed when he asks to put our food on other peoples !

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I want to have a cadac, not powered by little canisters, we have gaslow fitted,2 cylinders, is there any way of supplying the cadac with gas from the bottles without having an external point fitted.

I guess you could have a gas BBQ point fitted inside the locker.. but it would still be roughly the same cost... and to use it would mean leaving the locker door open.. better fitted outside.. it's not designed to be mounted in a locker..

Bullfinch gas BBQ point

http://www.bullfinch-gas.co.uk/outdoor-utility-points/gas-point-131-315-detail

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Mike Kiff

Free Member
Feb 20, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 1995
Hello from Devon,
I have just got from Gaslow a fitting that fits on the gas bottle and then to your BBQ.
Mike

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello from Devon,
I have just got from Gaslow a fitting that fits on the gas bottle and then to your BBQ.
Mike
I would be interested in seeing that too, if you have a photo or link please?

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Thanks all, think we may use the spare gas bottle for the time being, that's if I get the cadac at a good price.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks all, think we may use the spare gas bottle for the time being, that's if I get the cadac at a good price.
Probably the best plan..

I use the 5kg Calor Patio Gas bottle with my Weber Q barbie.... it has a nice comfortable handle and not too heavy.. so it can be used away from the van.. on the beach or wherever

used it everyday for 4 weeks while in France, sometimes twice and still plenty of gas..

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Sue, if your Cadac is the one which attaches to the blue camping gaz bottles then you may not be able to attach this version even to an external BBQ point as this particular model only works with the campingaz bottles. If it's one of the other Cadacs then your best bet (least hassle) will be to have an external gas point installed. IMO :)

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
This is how I did mine, didn't want to dig any holes in the side.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Sue, if your Cadac is the one which attaches to the blue camping gaz bottles then you may not be able to attach this version even to an external BBQ point as this particular model only works with the campingaz bottles. If it's one of the other Cadacs then your best bet (least hassle) will be to have an external gas point installed. IMO :)
Not got the cadac yet but wont be getting one which uses camping gaz too expensive. Have been hankering after one for 6 years have just managed to persuade John it would be a good idea.

Reactions: BwB
May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Not got the cadac yet but wont be getting one which uses camping gaz too expensive. Have been hankering after one for 6 years have just managed to persuade John it would be a good idea.
There isn't one which uses camping gas! Don't know who's mentioned that but they will run on anything, propane or butane.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
This is how I did mine, didn't want to dig any holes in the side.
I fitted a very similar fitting to a previous van. just a length of copper pipe tee'd into the gas pipe in the locker run to a tap and then a quick release fitting. not only could it be used to supply a bbq, but with a hose and bottle regulator made up to suit whatever country is a great backup for when lpg pumps are hard to find.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Before you are buying the Cadac, I am recommending you to check the Campingaz Party Grill 400 Stove, similar to the Cadac but I think better. (I have no comercial or any other interest or relation)

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
There isn't one which uses camping gas! Don't know who's mentioned that but they will run on anything, propane or butane.
There is/was a version of Cadac which screwed directly to a campingaz bottle only. Or I wouldn't have mentioned it :)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The one I recommended you can connect to any bottom with right adaptor or to external gas point with 30Mbar pressure. I spoke to Campingaz and been told, they didn't test it on LPG, but if 30Mbar, don't see why not.

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Our friend uses a camping gaz bottle and a suitble adaptor, not the disposable canisters.

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Before you are buying the Cadac, I am recommending you to check the Campingaz Party Grill 400 Stove, similar to the Cadac but I think better. (I have no comercial or any other interest or relation)

But much heavier, looked at both and felt the difference, we carry a motorbike and have to keep weight to a minimum, also campingaz is expensive, dont think this runs on refill LPG.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
5kg including 3m pipe.
Amazing compact and the lid (wok) locked to base and make it easy to carry/store

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I have looked at all sorts for BBQ'ing since buying the Moho back in April 2015 ... Been tempted by CADACs Webbers et all.... Along with external gas points etc.

However... Some 16 months on and a lot of time spent in MoHo.... I have come to the conclusion that what I currently have is more than adequate and will easily feed the max 4 possible occupants if required ....

I call it "Function over Form"

That being ...

Inside:

3 ring gas hob and small gas oven/grill above the fridge.

For outside:

A single ring campingaz "camp'bistro" - can be had for a tenner and gas widely available and cheap-ish...

A light portable steal charcoal fired BBQ (approx 400x400x250) - When I change this one... I will look for something similar but with the option to raise and lower the grilling bars - at the moment I arrange the charcoal to give me a "hot" end and a "simmering" end...

And to make it all work insofar as BBQ/Griddle food...
A dozen metal kebab sticks
A cast-iron griddle pan for searing
A large square non-stick griddle pan for general frying/curry/paella etc
A small ceramic pan with lid and drip feeder for moist cooking and singleton stuff.
A 300x300 tin oven baking tray - e.g. used on charcoal BBQ to keep stuff hot once food is cooked and fire dies down a tad...

And that's it!!..... :D

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
5kg including 3m pipe.
Amazing compact and the lid (wok) locked to base and make it easy to carry/store
Been and had another look at both, almost came away with a couple of disposable ones lol

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
I have looked at all sorts for BBQ'ing since buying the Moho back in April 2015 ... Been tempted by CADACs Webbers et all.... Along with external gas points etc.

However... Some 16 months on and a lot of time spent in MoHo.... I have come to the conclusion that what I currently have is more than adequate and will easily feed the max 4 possible occupants if required ....

I call it "Function over Form"

That being ...

Inside:

3 ring gas hob and small gas oven/grill above the fridge.

For outside:

A single ring campingaz "camp'bistro" - can be had for a tenner and gas widely available and cheap-ish...

A light portable steal charcoal fired BBQ (approx 400x400x250) - When I change this one... I will look for something similar but with the option to raise and lower the grilling bars - at the moment I arrange the charcoal to give me a "hot" end and a "simmering" end...

And to make it all work insofar as BBQ/Griddle food...
A dozen metal kebab sticks
A cast-iron griddle pan for searing
A large square non-stick griddle pan for general frying/curry/paella etc
A small ceramic pan with lid and drip feeder for moist cooking and singleton stuff.
A 300x300 tin oven baking tray - e.g. used on charcoal BBQ to keep stuff hot once food is cooked and fire dies down a tad...

And that's it!!..... :D
Don't know how i ever managed with a 2 burner and a grill in the romahome, but then there was only me.
We have a full cooker 4 rings grill and oven, take a remoska for when on hook up, used a lot, tepanyaki grill, not as good as previous elecric one in fact pretty useless, single burner gas ring, but would need to carry several different pan for what we like cooking, cadac and campingaz barbies have all in one, could leave tepanyaki and single burner at home. Eat a lot of fish which i prefer to be cooked outdoors, same with curry, but i dont mind my home made curry being heated up inside. don't want a charcoal one, we already have gas, but would need to start carrying charcoal too and not so good for spontaneous cooking.
Loving the responses, now phoning round to see about having point inside locker, not bothered about door being open and dont really want to cut into the side of the van.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Where's the filler point for your Gaslow?

I fitted a bbq point next to that on ours. It's in the plastic skirt rather than the side of the van itself so nothing to worry about in drilling it.

The round white one is the Gaslow filler and the square grey one is a Bullfinch bbq point.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
There is/was a version of Cadac which screwed directly to a campingaz bottle only. Or I wouldn't have mentioned it :)
They are tiny and not even big enough for a steak!!
That's not a proper Cadac!!

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Filler for gaslow is fitted inside locker. John has a 'thing' about not cutting into fabric of the van.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
They are tiny and not even big enough for a steak!!
That's not a proper Cadac!!
I think you might still be thinking of something else or a different model. But we seem to be going around in circles so I'll draw a line under this one :)
s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
am thinking Cadac safari chef 2.