Light just came on what is it? (1 Viewer)

Mar 27, 2016
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 408
Exp
Since 2016
image.jpeg
Just had this light come on . It's not on the main dash. Is it important. It's a fiat ducato ( hymer) 2014

If any of you out there could tell us if we need to stop soon
Thanks

OP
OP
Bryden
Mar 27, 2016
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 408
Exp
Since 2016
aftermarket alarm ?

did you press an alarm remote control by accident ?

did that a few times..

Thanks for the idea but
No alarm fitted as far as we are aware
Unfortunately there was no fiat hand book so can't look in there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Definitely something aftermarket. There is no light there on the standard dashboard.

Upvote 0

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
I wasn't aware I had one either.... until it went off ... :LOL: Vanbitz Growler nearly made my ears bleed :eek:
How can you fail to notice you have a Van Bitz Growler? You must have the key fobs, at least three blue LEDs on the outside and one inside and a number of switches. Also there should be stickers all over the van, no point having an alarm and not fitting the stickers.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
How can you fail to notice you have a Van Bitz Growler? You must have the key fobs, at least three blue LEDs on the outside and one inside and a number of switches. Also there should be stickers all over the van, no point having an alarm and not fitting the stickers.

serious question or doubting it happened ? ..

I had just picked the van up from Becks and didn't realise it had one fitted.. dealer never mentioned it at the hand-over (I'm guessing they didn't know either ) and yes, stickers on windows that I hadn't seen.. and a key fob.. On picking the van up, the last thing I was thinking of was a Vanbitz alarm..

LEDs don't flash until alarm is armed, .. mine has two discrete Red LEDS one in the rear light cluster and one on the front bumper.. hardly noticeable..

guess I'm just a bit thick heh :rolleyes:

Reactions: JJ
Upvote 0

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
serious question or doubting it happened ? ..

I had just picked the van up from Becks and didn't realise it had one fitted.. dealer never mentioned it at the hand-over (I'm guessing they didn't know either ) and yes, stickers on windows that I hadn't seen.. and a key fob.. On picking the van up, the last thing I was thinking of was a Vanbitz alarm..

LEDs don't flash until alarm is armed, .. mine has two discrete Red LEDS one in the rear light cluster and one on the front bumper.. hardly noticeable..

guess I'm just a bit thick heh :rolleyes:

Pretty poor of the dealer to hand you a key fob and not think to actually show you what to do with it!

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Pretty poor of the dealer to hand you a key fob and not think to actually show you what to do with it!

what do you want me to say.. ?

why are you persisting with a question I already answered honestly and to the best of my ability .. why not write to Becks and ask them.. :rolleyes:

it's meant to be Fun.. not the Spanish Inquisition Oh Please!

Upvote 0

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
If any of you out there could tell us if we need to stop soon
Thanks
On our previous van the "Electric Step Out" or "Locker Door Open" warning light was in a similar position. One light for both events. If the step is in then give the locker (external) locker doors another shove.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bryden
Mar 27, 2016
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 408
Exp
Since 2016
On our previous van the "Electric Step Out" or "Locker Door Open" warning light was in a similar position. One light for both events. If the step is in then give the locker (external) locker doors another shove.

Spot on this is what it is - we are surprised we had not noticed it before. The step was hardly out at all. Unlike a previous trip when we drove with it out for 3 miles

Oh it's great to find out what things are - each trip is a discovery

Upvote 0

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
what do you want me to say.. ?

why are you persisting with a question I already answered honestly and to the best of my ability .. why not write to Becks and ask them.. :rolleyes:

it's meant to be Fun.. not the Spanish Inquisition Oh Please!
Don't know what's wrong with the posters on here lately Jim .lots of attitude from some of them ,thought it was a lighthearted forum but its getting away from the fun forum I joined which is a shame .maybe its just the weather..

Upvote 0

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Don't know what's wrong with the posters on here lately Jim .lots of attitude from some of them ,thought it was a lighthearted forum but its getting away from the fun forum I joined which is a shame .maybe its just the weather..

I think you'll find it is just oversensitive people. It was a simple observation about how poor the handover must have been for that not to have been covered.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I think you'll find it is just oversensitive people. It was a simple observation about how poor the handover must have been for that not to have been covered.

no one, certainly not me, is interested in your observation about my motorhome handover, nor your inquisitorial posts that infer that I was making it up..

no wonder people stop posting and find better things to do

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think sometimes posters should put their brains in gear before commenting as although they may think it's a valid point not everyone does and can be offended.(y)

Upvote 0

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
no one, certainly not me, is interested in your observation about my motorhome handover, nor your inquisitorial posts that infer that I was making it up..

no wonder people stop posting and find better things to do

My post didn't infer that you were making it up. Why would you make something like that up? I was just questioning your observation skills. It's known in the trade as banter :)

Upvote 0

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
I think sometimes posters should put their brains in gear before commenting as although they may think it's a valid point not everyone does and can be offended.(y)

I think the whole point of open forum is that you shouldn't have to worry about whether someone will be offended because invariably everything that is said will offend someone somewhere.

Upvote 0

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I think the whole point of open forum is that you shouldn't have to worry about whether someone will be offended because invariably everything that is said will offend someone somewhere.

And if you haven't offended people you are not trying hard enough.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Oh Please!! Why, with all the sh*t going on this world, are some people taking offence over some little perceived issue with a poster's response? This is called a "fun" forum. Get over yourself. 'Kin ell!

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Oh Please!! Why, with all the sh*t going on this world, are some people taking offence over some little perceived issue with a poster's response? This is called a "fun" forum. Get over yourself. 'Kin ell!

The thread is 2 months old !!!! :LOL:

I think Ingwe took his time to form the right words, didn't want to offend maybe :):)

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Think you will find Jim has left the forum, shame he made a lot of valued comments, but was to easy to take offence

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back