Anyone got a Pro-rider leccy bike? (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Mentioned this original trouble before-bought an ex demo (or old stock?) Wayfarer folder few weeks ago and battery would not show all three green lights on top of battery after long charges-only two green-other red.Sent back for checking and now they sent new battery.It still does the same-two top lights green other by empty sign red.The charger was OK they said.Is this normal on these bikes? Quite happy with the bike apart from this.It is one of the old( twist and go )throttle bikes.

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Mine has shown same lights for two years, had no power problems

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I don't have experience of your specific bike so can't comment on the battery indicators. What I would suggest though, does your bike give the range per charge that is expected? If it does, then I wouldn't worry what the LED is displaying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have 2 of these bikes. One of whi h is a slightly older model than the other having no headlight.

Both bikes show 3 green lights when fully charged.

If both of your batteries have shown exactly the same maybe you could try cleaning the terminals where the battery fits onto. Otherwise as suggested by Kim H, see if you get expected range from battery. Remember battery will last longer by not using the throttle.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hubby has pro rider and his battery shows 3 lights when charged.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
We have 2 of these bikes. One of whi h is a slightly older model than the other having no headlight.

Both bikes show 3 green lights when fully charged.

If both of your batteries have shown exactly the same maybe you could try cleaning the terminals where the battery fits onto. Otherwise as suggested by Kim H, see if you get expected range from battery. Remember battery will last longer by not using the throttle.
Went to Malvern show yesterday and had a word with E-Ranger guy as their bateries look same as Pro-riders.He said red light always stays on even when fully charged.My bike will probably do best part of 20 miles if on flat road without pedal assistance so happy with that.Trying to adapt a rack on towbar of my 2007 LWB Relay at moment so I can take a 125 m/cycle as werll.Thanks for all advice and happy camping all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back