Reversing camera on Autotrail t615 (1 Viewer)

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
hi
Has anyone fitted a reversing camera on a t615
I've got the monitor
I've got cable
Ime getting a twin lens camera a
CCD Sony 1/3rd
I know it's got to go high re the 2 lenses
But where ? On the curve above the high level brake light ?
Below the h/ level brake light ?
If anyone's fitted one I would be interested
To be fair there's not a lot of choice re position I know , but just out of interest

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If it was me I'd mount it ON the high level brake light housing and route the wires following those for the brake light. Stick it on with double-sided tape until you have checked that you can see everything you need to on the monitor. That way you can try it on the upper & lower side of the brake light housing.

The advantage is no extra holes in your van - and if it fails & like-for-like isn't available - still no extra holes in your van :).

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Good idea didn't think of that , will look and see if it's got any flat edges to take the camera bracket
Thanks you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry just a quicky did you fit it yourself ? If so how did you get camera wire down thro wall to bottom area

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
Just taken delivery of our T715 with the r/v camera fitted [factory fitted] just below the High level brake light with a NEW whole through the rear panel to just below the h/l brake light cabling inside the top high level Locker......But having read the previous suggestion about(y) 'sticking' it on the h/l light and feeding the wires thro' the same hole.....SOUNDS A PRETTY GOOD IDEA to me BUT the choice is now not mine !!!

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
I must admit I've not looked at that area or possibility but although I've ordered a bullet camera it's not too late to change it if appropriate
And I don't mind if it takes a bit of time working ot out
Re this is a get your mind off things job
As I lost my dear wife a week ago to cancer and must concentrate on something to do
Ime sorry to mention that but hell why not she loved the motorhome
Take care you

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Just taken delivery of our T715 with the r/v camera fitted [factory fitted] just below the High level brake light with a NEW whole through the rear panel to just below the h/l brake light cabling inside the top high level Locker......But having read the previous suggestion about(y) 'sticking' it on the h/l light and feeding the wires thro' the same hole.....SOUNDS A PRETTY GOOD IDEA to me BUT the choice is now not mine !!!
My new-to-me Hymer arrived with a reversing camera 'installed'. I bought the van a long way from home so it was late afternoon when I left the dealership. As it became darker, to the point where lights became necessary, and I was on the motorway, the monitor on the dashboard suddenly turned bright orange. I switched it off, it came back on after a few seconds. This repeated a few times so I finally forced it screen downwards onto the dashboard - no more orange glow to distract me.

Anyway when I got home I decided to change both camera and monitor. The point of this tale is really to describe the camera fitment as it existed. The camera had a bracket with three holes and was mounted above the brake light. Not centrally though - that would have been too easy. The three holes in the bracket were two outer ones for the mounting screws and one larger central one for the cable. That wasn't good enough for the installer. He fitted three screws and for the central one a large washer as well - which was now a large rusty washer. Then he drilled a fourth hole below the bracket to accept the cable. I have a receipt dated 2005 (the year the van was first purchased) from Brownhills for camera installation. Took a little effort to overcome that mess but its OK now.

Cable routing: my cable appears inside the van behind a panel on which the kitchen lockers are mounted. I followed other wires in that area that are routed in plastic trunking through all the overhead lockers to the front.

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Just love reading these replies you can take a bit from one a bit from another and so on and formulate a way to go with the type of install you hope to achieve
Thanks you lot out there

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
hi
Has anyone fitted a reversing camera on a t615
I've got the monitor
I've got cable
Ime getting a twin lens camera a
CCD Sony 1/3rd
I know it's got to go high re the 2 lenses
But where ? On the curve above the high level brake light ?
Below the h/ level brake light ?
If anyone's fitted one I would be interested
To be fair there's not a lot of choice re position I know , but just out of interest

T615 - factory fitted attached. Good luck(y)

Attachments

• T615.png
    T615.png
    391.2 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Fitted bullet cam in rear bumper yesterday went well,now on with cable route under van ,
Ended up with doctors visit , what happened was tie wrapped cable partially, went to get out from under van & head spinning a bit mm !!
Thought prob ear canal prob it passed off so went back under again like a dope and well my head went like it was spinning at 100 rpm on phone to docs and visit followed
Outcome was I put head in an awkward
Positional position or ear canal infection
So today leave underneath 1/2 done for a while and wire in monitor cable
Ps
Where is best place to bring cable into van from underneath at front end
Take care you lot

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Don't think I got answer re reversing cable entry point ( my posts are so boring) ha
Auto trail t615 fitted nice camera in rear bumper + did monitor end cab wiring etc + the camera cable is now under the cab waiting to go through into cab for its final of the jigsaw but where ? Eng compartment , step area ??
Any good ideas you lovely lot .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back