Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
stafford
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
:Smile:we went to the show at the NEC on tuesday,just browsing through the official show guide this morning and stummbled over the norfolk line advert "exclusive show fares", booked a return crossing dover/dunkirk out jan 2010 return march 2010, motorhome and car on "a frame" overall length 12 metres, 2adults 1 dog £92 all in, also you can ammend the booking free of charge, Quote booking ref TEF04. bargain or what?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi,

Your post prompted me to look at costs for next year, Using the code you qouted for an 8m MH out 08:00 on 18/5 returning 08:01 30/6 Norfolk line site gave me a quote of £90 - the same as yours. So I tried the booking via the caravan club the same crossings gave me a cost of £48 - now thats a bargain!

OP
OP
irlamtrucker

irlamtrucker

Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
stafford
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Hi,

Your post prompted me to look at costs for next year, Using the code you qouted for an 8m MH out 08:00 on 18/5 returning 08:01 30/6 Norfolk line site gave me a quote of £90 - the same as yours. So I tried the booking via the caravan club the same crossings gave me a cost of £48 - now thats a bargain!

had same quote as you last week for solo m/home from caravan club, but after adding £30 for the dog and £80 for the car with "A"frame, it worked out alot more, i emailed the editor of the caravan club magazine and asked why they could get such good rates from the ferry companies for car and caravans which have a greater overall length than the average m/home towing a car, and asked if there was a bias towards carvans over m/homes because at the end of the day we were all members of the same club. he replied that the ferry companies were a law unto themselves, but they would be re-negotiating the rates with them but did not hold out much hope to the likes of motorhomers like myself with a tow car

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I re did the search on the CC booking service to include a 4m trailer (car on A frame) overall length now 12m and the cost went up to £58. There is nowhere on the web site to enter pets so I assume that they would be carried free as they travel in the vehicle whilst on board.

Did you enquire through the resevation service?

Lunarman

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Seafrance, Feb half term, £78 return, now thats a bargain:thumb:

If there still trading:Blush:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I re did the search on the CC booking service to include a 4m trailer (car on A frame) overall length now 12m and the cost went up to £58. There is nowhere on the web site to enter pets so I assume that they would be carried free as they travel in the vehicle whilst on board.

Did you enquire through the resevation service?

Lunarman
No , you have to pay for pets even though they are not allowed out of the vehicle.
I askad about this once and was told "somone has to check the animals chip with the scanner". Another way of extracting more cash from us.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
There does not appear to be a way of adding a pet on the CC site, I had to do this by phone, after making a booking. There was a charge in my case, £30 with the tunnel. This is the standard tunnel fee for a dog, so I have no problems apart from the fact that I could not complete the transaction online.

However be aware that I had booked a 7.4 mtr m/h plus a car trailer on line, on turning up at check in they informed me I was entered as a car and had to pay extra. On checking the paperwork sure enough the booking was for a car, this must have taken place on the final page turn on the cc site and then I just printed it out. On arriving home I phoned the CC, in no uncertain terms I was told it was my fault I should have checked, which incidentally I did before committing to purchase, at that point the booking was for a motorhome. However that held no sway, and as far as they was concerned end of matter.

This together with the booking situation and now I read following complaints ! they are reviewing dogs on sites. It was my time to leave the club.

I since have booked with the C and C and due my mother falling ill, I have had to amend the booking a couple of times, what a difference in attitude, they call it the friendly club and if the travel staff are anything to go by, it's true.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back