LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Well it looks like the CC have finally realised how bad their wardens are. Talking to my niece who happens to be the CC community liaison officer, due to the complaints about wardens they are now putting all the site wardens through a customer service training course.

It's taken them a long time to get the message. It won't encourage me to rejoin or ever use one of their grotty sites again.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Not before time, have come across some jobsworths over the years. It must have cost them a few members over the years. We haven't used any of their sites in almost two years and then mainly CL's. Was intending cancelling our membership this year but OH forgot to cancel standing order before we left for France.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Problem is, who is taking them through what Customer Service actually means. Regrettably most people who try to deliver CS on behalf of a company don't actually communicate prior with the customer to find out exactly what they want from a supplier. Yes CC you are just a supplier, we pay your wages.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not cc but we are on a CCC ths and although I am as big a critic as anyone and said I was ditching it this year but forgot the DD, can't praise this place enough, not seen a warden since we got here ,let us park where we like ,how we like , water and emptying all for £9 a night.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Another thread here which I cant find again !!! Was talking about a cc site that refused someone water because they weren't booked in. Well I emailed head office to find out if this was club policy ,and got a reply telling me yes it was because it could encourage wild camping ..for gods sake where are they coming from . I am considering cancelling my DD to them and just stick with C&CC who do allow you the use of their facilities ..Roy.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I haven't come across a horrible one yet to be fair, the one in baltic wharf asked us nicely if we could move our van 6 inches to the left though as we weren't completely staight.
I've been on some where the rules are flouted as well.
Some people do take advantage of those sites.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I haven't come across a horrible one yet to be fair, the one in baltic wharf asked us nicely if we could move our van 6 inches to the left though as we weren't completely staight.
I've been on some where the rules are flouted as well.
Some people do take advantage of those sites.
Nor have I come across a bad warden ,but this policy of not allowing you water ,even for payment,is really not on.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Well it looks like the CC have finally realised how bad their wardens are. Talking to my niece who happens to be the CC community liaison officer, due to the complaints about wardens they are now putting all the site wardens through a customer service training course.

It's taken them a long time to get the message. It won't encourage me to rejoin or ever use one of their grotty sites again.

Don't think you can call their sites GROTTY,,usually excellent ,,mind you they should be good they are very expensive,,BUSBY.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
We left CCC THIS YEAR they are getting too expensive and they can be just like CC WITH YOU .not nice. So we find that we get better FVM on private sits CCC. AND CC have all lost the plot . Or what we want. So I'm not paying there wages anymore . Rant over .

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don't think you can call their sites GROTTY,,usually excellent ,,mind you they should be good they are very expensive,,BUSBY.
A matter of opinion I hate their prim proper sites would much rather be in a nice rough field and don't get me started on their bloody awful wardens.:)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Nor have I come across a bad warden ,but this policy of not allowing you water ,even for payment,is really not on.
Thats the CC isn't it? I think the C&CC charge £7 to allow members to fill .. empty .. shower etc ..
But not non members .. which is fine.
If it's a policy then I can't see the problem. It's in the clubs rules and it's not like it's hard to get water in the UK.
The clubs are for the members and not a public service.
I'm pretty sure the last couple of private sites we were on in the UK wouldnt just let people in to fill up and empty either.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thats the CC isn't it? I think the C&CC charge £7 to allow members to fill .. empty .. shower etc ..
If it's a policy then I can't see the problem. It's in the clubs rules and it's not like it's hard to get water in the UK.
I'm pretty sure the last couple of private sites we were on in the UK wouldnt just let people in to fill up and empty either.

I feel that if the private sites charged a membership fee (which is pretty steep anyway for what I feel are overpriced campsites) and they were full, I wonder if they would deny their members water.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I feel that if the private sites charged a membership fee (which is pretty steep anyway for what I feel are overpriced campsites) and they were full, I wonder if they would deny their members water.
It would probably depend on their rules. Water is very easy to come by in the UK.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
We don't go to big sites as they have everything we don't want and charge well for it . Pubs small farms we use pub stops . For us .

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The policy as stated to me didn't differentiate between members or non members,it was stated that, "if not booked in " water or facilities would not be available as it encourages wildcamping. .

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have met interesting CC wardens, notably at Altnaharra and Mildenhall sites, even wrote commending the one at Altanharra. Also met one or 2 that were not, but you have to give everyone a 2nd chance (but not a 3rd!) perhaps their just having a bad day. Do not stay longer than 2 nights, usually only speak to them when arriving, it is long hours low pay, the sun does not always shine and am sure that not all their customers are as nice as we are :D.

Tend to steer clear of the club sites, but it boils down to location, and whilst we use certified sites, THS, M6 Toll, travel and retail discounts they'll keep me a member.

As to using services without staying not had to do it often, but it is in theory a club so why not email the committee members, rules do change and both clubs will need to adapt to the requirements of Motorhomes rather than Caravans over the coming years.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Not always easy to come by and rarely as easy as parking next to a tap and filling by hose.
Granted.. but those facilities have been paid for by members of a club that has rules. I'm pretty sure that almost all petrol stations have water. Bottled water is available for pennies. It's not hard to get water at all.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
as it encourages wildcamping.

That's the key bit there isn't it.

Their official policy is that anything that might make it easier for people to not use their sites is undesirable and to be discouraged which is a terrible attitude.

Not wishing to hijack the thread but that's also why they are a completely inappropriate organisation for LAs to consult when considering aires or anything similar. Their response always contains the words "unnecessary" or "undesirable." Well, they pretty much have to say that don't they? Nobody seems to have spotted the huge conflict of interest they have as a private company whose main area of operation is selling pitches on the campsites they own and operate.

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
The policy as stated to me didn't differentiate between members or non members,it was stated that, "if not booked in " water or facilities would not be available as it encourages wildcamping. .

Although it's doesn't seem to be very helpful to members, I don't see a huge issue with the policy. Presumably it's been put in place because there have been issues in the past. At a lot of sites, you'd have to be let through the barriers. It could be tricky on a large busy site for the wardens to make sure you left afterwards and didn't just hide yourself an available pitch.

I can see that it's easier to have a simple global policy for all sites. It is at least clear.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
That's the key bit there isn't it.

Their official policy is that anything that might make it easier for people to not use their sites is undesirable and to be discouraged which is a terrible attitude.

Not wishing to hijack the thread but that's also why they are a completely inappropriate organisation for LAs to consult when considering aires or anything similar. Their response always contains the words "unnecessary" or "undesirable." Well, they pretty much have to say that don't they? Nobody seems to have spotted the huge conflict of interest they have as a private company whose main area of operation is selling pitches on the campsites they own and operate.

They are not a private company they are a CLUB...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back