LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Has anyone else received a letter from Hobby regarding the fixed panoramic window above the cab area.
Apparently there have been incidents of the window becoming loose and flying off.
They recommend additional adhesive and sealant.
Rang them up and they said the nearest dealer is 180 miles away in Weston Super Mare.
When I questioned this they said I could contact any NCC registered workshop to carry out the works.
They say a letter has been sent to all registered workshops detailing the repair.
I've rang six so far and none want to carry out the works or have any notification of it.
Interested to hear of anyone else's experience.
Hobby UK were supposed to call me back about a possible national windscreen company to carry out the works but I'm still waiting.
Graham

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
For what its gonna cost you plus the hassle i would either do the fix myself or if you feel its out of your capabilities get a mobile fixer to come to your house and do the job.. After the story i heard from my local Hobby workshop someone had a cracked panoramic window crack and a new one was ordered via Hobby, to get it out they had to cover it in film and smash it, once removed they discovered Hobby had sent the wrong glass, so the guy who owned the MH had to leave it there for 3 weeks until another was sent from Germany

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Has anyone else received a letter from Hobby regarding the fixed panoramic window above the cab area.
Apparently there have been incidents of the window becoming loose and flying off.
Rang them up and they said the nearest dealer is 180 miles away in Weston Super Mare.
When I questioned this they said I could contact any NCC registered workshop to carry out the works.
They say a letter has been sent to all registered workshops detailing the repair.
I've rang six so far and none want to carry out the works or have any notification of it.
Hobby UK were supposed to call me back about a possible national windscreen company to carry out the works but I'm still waiting.
Graham
See this thread:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/hobby-recall.135751/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Graham
Had no letter yet (we own a 2010 Hobby Siesta Exclusive) but as we are the third owner i wonder how Hobby check ownership.
Been rather busy this week but will do some ringing round tomorrow,will post my results.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back