solar panel prices (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
after years of prices that never really seemed to reduce , here in france there has been a sudden movement

one major accesories chain has reduced the price for a 75watt panel kit , precabled ,from € 700 to € 400 stated as a promotion until mid november

another has reduced of their kit , similar monocrystaline panel from €750 to €440 , this kit also includes mountings, adhesive and controller

so it looks as though the manufacturers reduced sales is leading to reduced greed :Smile:

no doubt these reductions will arrive in the UK as well , good time to buy if you are in the market for quality panels

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think your right regarding supliers greed.
I never did understand how they can make solar panels in Europe, ship them to Morroco and then sell them at half the price they are in Europe.
Perhaps it`s somthing to do with "What the market will stand":winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think your right regarding supliers greed.
I never did understand how they can make solar panels in Europe, ship them to Morroco and then sell them at half the price they are in Europe.
Perhaps it`s somthing to do with "What the market will stand":winky:

is that the same as "what the mugs will pay":Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
If you are paying more than £3 per watt you are being done. £2.50 is about the going rate for named monocrystalline in my book (2008 prices).
Patrick

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
up untill the pound fell last winter you could get an 80watt solar panel in morocco brand new for about 200/250 dirham at 15/16 dirham to the pound . last winter it was 11 dirham to he pound so you can work it out for your self. usually it was a eurosol panel. secondhand panels were cheaper specialy if you bought about 10 then shared them with your mates . cheap regulators for about a tenner.

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
so about £25 now the pound is so weak alan
did you get the registration of the lorry they fell off the back of ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I can buy 40 watt monocrystalline for £100 and 80 watt for £200. The quality seems to be excellent.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
will be interesting to see the price there this year. if you look on ebay there is cheap ones available from china. dont know the quality. there are lots places in maroc to get panels . i normally use the same lad who works from the beach at tagazoute. i knew him when he was very young and have watched his climbing of the social ladder . just like lots there ,does seem to be money to be made even there. its amazing i know one lad who used to rent deckchairs. now he rents 5 houses to tourists . all payed for in cash n hard work . its like the maroc mats or the fossils there is no conection to cost over there to selling price here. other than people pay it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back