Renting for Glastonbury (1 Viewer)

scones

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
Funster No
Hi there..*tentatively steps into the forum*....

Im at a loss what to do. I have tickets for Glastonbury festival 2010 and need to rent a motorhome for myself, husband and 2 children (one will be 1 year old). Ive looked at the online rental places but they want £1000 plus for the week. Do any of you lovely lot know of anywhere we can rent one for considerably less than that price?

I hope you can help, otherwise we cant go :cry:

OP
OP
S

scones

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
Funster No
OOps forgot to say, Im in Hampshire!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
hate to say this but seeing the state things get at that festival i dont think anyone would rent you one for going there, have a look at the link, the music might be good shame the people dont have any respect for things and property, and maybe if they did the entry price wouldnt be so high

Link Removed

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
The motorhome section at Glastonbury is separate from the tent area and in a secure area friends of ours in there 70's went last year and had a marvelous time, we tried to get tickets but were to late. Carol.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Somerset Motorhomes have a hire department. I have sent you a PM with some details.

Adge

OP
OP
S

scones

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for the PM, I will look them up :thumb:

Regarding the mess, the campervan field is actually well looked after as almost all the poeple there have their own and people tend to look out for one another. The tv and papers only like to report bad stuff, overall its very friendly. A campervan would be parked up in a field outside of the main fence, so the only people that would be walking past it are the fellow people in their vans too

Its a shame it gets such a bad press, and we are nice people too that would look after it so well

arielultra

Free Member
Jul 20, 2008
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I was in the campervan field last year (after many years of camping), and I must say it was very well kept, and very quiet (probably a bit too much so for my liking).
Having said that, last year was dry for a change - not sure what it would look like after a muddy one.

OP
OP
S

scones

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
Funster No
See-a postive story about Glasto!!

barbarawilliams

Free Member
Aug 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi there..*tentatively steps into the forum*....

Im at a loss what to do. I have tickets for Glastonbury festival 2010 and need to rent a motorhome for myself, husband and 2 children (one will be 1 year old). Ive looked at the online rental places but they want £1000 plus for the week. Do any of you lovely lot know of anywhere we can rent one for considerably less than that price?

I hope you can help, otherwise we cant go :cry:

Take a look at slowlanecampers.co.uk. They are based near Manchester.

OP
OP
S

scones

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for the info but we are in Hampshire, so can collect from this area, or as far down as devon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back