LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have two pairs of croc-a-likes which cost around a fiver each. One pair has a solid front, rather than a holed one, which is very useful on a camp site in the morning dew :D
Might look at Lidl on Thursday to see if there is a significant difference between the real thing and my holed pair :D

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Mine £3.99 in Keswick....lol

Yeah, yeah... but £3.99 is more expensive than €4.00...

...and it is sunny in Silves... not shrouded in cold, damp fog.

JJ :cool:

PS. This reminds me of when I was berating Funster Eddie Earl for wearing genuine Crocs.

"I can't believe you paid all that money just for the brand name" I said, "these cost me less than a fiver and I have worn them every day for over a year."

"That's a bit pricey for me, JJ" he replied, "I got these out of a skip for nothing..."

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Crocs are so YESTERDAY.

All the fashion conscious leaders of style wear ORSO these days...

20160809_085807.jpg

Remember where you heard it first...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I bought some cheap Crocs once, they left black marks on our carpet and were made from old car tyres I think. I threw them in a skip. :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Now, now, Mr Jim, now, now... :whistle:

All I can say is that whoever was responsible for marketing Crocs and making them an item of desire deserves a Nobel prize .. if you can foist ugly plastic shoes on the public and charge them silly money.. . well done..

When I was kid .. my dad would cut down my old winter wellies for summer .. he cut the tops off and cut holes in the sides of the feet for ventilation.. and do you know what... they looked like Crocs.. :)

DIY Crocs.. go on JJ .. you know you want a pair.. :cool:

8121693793_fdf357508c_m.jpg

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I get piss taken for wearing cross but for the beach and camping they are spot on. Much prefer them to adventure sandles or as my granddaughter calls them Nike air Jesus

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
All I can say is that whoever was responsible for marketing Crocs and making them an item of desire deserves a Nobel prize .. if you can foist ugly plastic shoes on the public and charge them silly money.. . well done..

When I was kid .. my dad would cut down my old winter wellies for summer .. he cut the tops off and cut holes in the sides of the feet for ventilation.. and do you know what... they looked like Crocs.. :)

DIY Crocs.. go on JJ .. you know you want a pair.. :cool:

8121693793_fdf357508c_m.jpg

Not going to that sort of trouble and expense!

€4.00 for a pair of Orso's... why would I bother?

You do realise I have lettuces to look after, don't you?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
cheap or expensive.. where they all belong.. horrible things..
I took a long time to be persuaded to buy a pair of croc-a-likes and even now only use them in the van - but they are ideal there instead of slippers.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
You know the holes in Crocs are only there to let your dignity pour out through them ? :LOL:
I must admit I have a pair of lookeelikey's and genuine ones and prefer the real ones, they're not as slippy on wet floors.
I also have a pair of Croc "slippers" solid things with a removable, washable fleece lining, possibly the best slippers I've ever owned. Saw a Dutch couple in Belgium wearing the Croc equivalent of proper wooden clogs, big chunky things they were.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Orso's are cheap today cheaper than yesterday ..............................................................

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

I am in no way a 'style guru' but I draw the line at wearing Crocs or any plastic shoe.... rather walk bare foot..............over burning coals, broken glass or whatever

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I am in no way a 'style guru' but I draw the line at wearing Crocs or any plastic shoe.... rather walk bare foot..............over burning coals, broken glass or whatever
I will arrange that for you at the next rally it has got to be better than a karaoke

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Watch out for wet tiled floors if you wear croc-a-likes. They skid like mad.

Only things I wear and I'd have croc boots if I could. Veggie foot wear, throw in washing machine, never smell.

I like crocs too. Unfortunately, they are shite on some surfaces and lethal on others.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I remember when I first saw them.. think it was 2006.. they had a floor display at Bluewater shopping mall .. I had a look and thought.. what a load of rubbish.. who would pay £xx for plastic shoes .. just like kid's Jellies.. who would wear plastic shoes .. let alone pay good money for them..

how wrong I was.. :rolleyes:

For the Croc affectionados.. interesting reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocs

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Love my crocs and couldn't give a hoot for all our fashionista brethren. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Most comortable footware I've ever had.
Only the real ones mind, the cheapos just aren't the same and I've had a few. If you took Crocs off the market our ship's crew would be shoeless. Lets see I've got ordinary ones for day to day, a rather fetching leather topped pair for Sunday Best to go with my tiedyes and flairs,:LOL::LOL: a canvas pair for that cool just got off the Nicholson 45 look, :cool::cool:and my favourite wooly lined ones for those snowy days in God's country(Scotland by the way.... not that other place beginning with Y) :D:D
They ever stop making Crocs I'm getting a wheelchair cos I wont want to walk anywhere..:(:(

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Aha, so only leather shoes with leather soles eh? :unsure: Not a single pair with a composite sole??:unsure: Really??? :D:D
Even my excellent leather Jallatte workboots have a plastic sole (thank goodness.. I'd be on my arse in a second if they were leather):eek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If you took Crocs off the market our ship's crew would be shoeless.

how can they be working on deck with just plastic shoes on ?

When I worked offshore you couldn't leave the accommodation without protective footwear..

maybe they are more lax about H&S on ships.. ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back