Austria Czech Republic here we come (2 Viewers)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Bikes been serviced washed n waxed now loaded and ready for the off tomorrow. Panic stations last week couldn't get a new rear tyre anywhere and the old had a maximum 2000 miles left and the journey will probably end up nearer 3500 / 4000 miles. Eventually got one although a different compound slightly harder but should be OK done the obligatory 100 mile scrub in so all systems go.:)

Austrian Motogp this weekend at the Red Bull Ring then all week doing as many high Alpine passes as we can cram in then Brno Motogp in Czech Republic the following weekend. Then its a quick blast home by Wednesday as Thursday Jan and I are off in the van to a music festival and from there we leave on the Monday for Germany and Italy (Sicily) with a bit of luck and meeting up with @bungy somewhere on route. Return October(y) Bring it on.:cooler::cooler:

bike ready1.jpg
bike ready2.jpg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Me jealous ?

You bet :(

Despite me saying TV is best my heart still wants to go with you.

Never mind, I have Hexham lined up. Some great hairpins on the way to Hexham.

Have you killed another tyre since Jerez ? My new Trailrider rear lost just 1 mm in 2500 miles to Italy and back, could not measure the front wear. You are obviously a hooligan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Me jealous ?

You bet :(

Despite me saying TV is best my heart still wants to go with you.

Never mind, I have Hexham lined up. Some great hairpins on the way to Hexham.

Have you killed another tyre since Jerez ? My new Trailrider rear lost just 1 mm in 2500 miles to Italy and back, could not measure the front wear. You are obviously a hooligan.

Gonna be great that'll be 3 foreign Motogp this year.
You're right but being at the circuit has a special atmosphere for me plus a bonus week hooning around the Alps.
Yeah been having some fun, tyre had 3mm left from original 7 mm after 1800 miles :whistle::love:;)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yeah been having some fun, tyre had 3mm left from original 7 mm after 1800 miles :whistle::love:;)

I think "hooligan" was a bit on the light side.

Brno is one I've always looked at longingly, hope it is as good in the flesh as it looks on TV. A proper circuit built by nature rather than man. Like Mugello in fact. Like Jerez.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Biker gangs always live on...

Head Honcho of the Funster Mob is Brian "Get Those Cyclists Off The Road" Hilldweller.

I believe they send Forestboy ahead to check the strength of any opposition.

JJ :cool:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Been on the blower all day to just about every breakdown out fit in europe for you.
They've all got gear boxes and exhausts on standby just in case, one even said...'yeah we heard he was on his way so got an order in early...you know what his trips abroad are like'(y)

Have a good trip...don't let ian ride behind you, wouldn't be fair showering him with bits that fall off your bike...or you come to that;)

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Been on the blower all day to just about every breakdown out fit in europe for you.
They've all got gear boxes and exhausts on standby just in case, one even said...'yeah we heard he was on his way so got an order in early...you know what his trips abroad are like'(y)

Have a good trip...don't let ian ride behind you, wouldn't be fair showering him with bits that fall off your bike...or you come to that;)

Cheeky bugger :);)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
usually biggest crowd of the season.

With good reason I don't think any other circuit boasts as many surrounding countries.

Odd fact, it's within a mile or two of the distance Calais to Mori.

Lot's of warning blobs on Google Maps. Set off now.

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
I always ride behind him. Its funny watching him go the wrong way round bollards:D.
Oops should I not have said that:whistle:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
With good reason I don't think any other circuit boasts as many surrounding countries.

Odd fact, it's within a mile or two of the distance Calais to Mori.

Lot's of warning blobs on Google Maps. Set off now.

Warning blobs are just challenges to ride around :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we leave on the Monday for Germany and Italy (Sicily)

Just the other day we were supping a grand deep red Sicilian wine in an Italian restaurant when that "big light bulb" lit up "We need to see where this was grown" it's pencilled in for next year. So please post your adventure on here.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Brno will be awesome, we are off to Czech in a few weeks , was great last time we were there, loads of Germans make the trip, its not far over the border . We were due to go to Loket for the MXGP but that fell through as I was busy .. Czech roads are fairly 'Belgian' in their upkeep, so don't go mad lol

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
We have done the Austrian GP, Excellent circuit. Attracted 220,000 people over the weekend.
Just done the Grossglockner pass, sunshine and thunderstorms but great roads.
Got to go now its Rory,s turn to buy the beer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back