Motorhome stickers and murals.. do you have any ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
You know the sort.. ones stuck on by owners .. usually on the back end..

examples...

'Adventure Before Dementia'.. 'If The Van Is Rockin' don't come knockin'

World Map and places we have been..

Black decals of Camels, Moose, Bulls etc.. countries visited..

Murals of Desert scenes with palm tress, Wolves, North American Indian Chiefs etc ..

some of the murals are quite artistic.. but sorry, not for me..

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Each to his own Jim, we had moose on when we bought her, currently replacing them as Boss lady likes them, also a small ab4d and 1 from our favourite Salou campsite but, most importantly, a FUN sticker in each front side window. :clap2:

Hymie

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You know the sort.. ones stuck on by owners .. usually on the back end..

examples...

'Adventure Before Dementia'.. 'If The Van Is Rockin' dot come knockin'

World Map and places we have been..

Black decals of Camels, Moose, Bulls etc.. countries visited..

Murals of Desert scenes with palm tress, Wolves, North American Indian Chiefs etc ..

some are quite artistic.. but sorry, not for me..
Some are quite tasteful and artistic. The ones that I find a little annoying are the camel/bull/goat/inflatable dolly black outlines on the back. You've been to Morocco? So what? Thousands have.

A bit like a chav car driver with a Nurburgring sticker on the back. Some people who live nearby put camel/bull/goat/inflatable dolly stickers on their cars; they must have a good supply as every new car is thus anointed.

Now where is my Hudson Strait sticker? You know, the one with the polar bears on it.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Not that keen on them myself if truth be told, but they do cover up the holes in the bodywork rather nicely. :getmecoat:

Hymie

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
image.jpg
image.jpg
As you say Jim good job we are not all the same we have two that mean something to us one is a saying that is my take on life, the other is a very small hand painted picture of a scene we came across while travelling through Morocco and asked a local artist to paint it for us.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I stuck two self adhesive reflectors to stop our bikes rubbing against the back of the van - very artistically applied
Does that count?

Seen loads of vans with the front dashboard covered with an army of teddy bears and stuffed toys.

Another van we saw, the lady had very expensive table cloth, napkins and colour co ordinated fake flowers in a vase - on their picnic table.

We spend so much time in our Motorhomes, and become so attached to them, it's not surprising that people want to add their own individual touches.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
When I see the 'Don't come knockin' if the van is rockin' .. I always think that is more likely wishful thinking than any kind of reality.. :rolleyes:

and even if it were seen "rockin' " .. more likely to be someone falling out of the dropdown bed going for a nightime pee..

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
When I see the 'Don't come knockin' if the van is rockin' .. I always think that is more likely wishful thinking than any kind of reality.. :rolleyes:

and even if it were seen "rockin' " .. more likely to be someone falling out of the dropdown bed going for a nightime pee..
Yes, sorry - that was at Thetford last year. I missed my footing

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Seen loads of vans with the front dashboard covered with an army of teddy bears and stuffed toys.

We spend so much time in our Motorhomes, and become so attached to them, it's not surprising that people want to add their own individual touches.

People keep throwing rubber ducks at me........... nowhere else to put them....

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
I've stick this one on my windscreen for any trips to Deutschland. :rolleyes:

Pete

Attachments

• decal2.JPG
    decal2.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 30

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We saw an ex pat on an aire in Brittany with a photo of his wife and two dogs he had made into the bedroom back window screen ! It looked great and he said he knows it's his van! And someone sang" How much is that doggy in the window" !!
Most vans have decals of some sort or another of which we may not choose but makes it our van !

Each to there own and shows that peops love their vans !:)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
had mine painted on by kalid at taga in 2002 getting a bit tired now . might have to go back and have it refreshed . this pic is quite awhile ago.
had rachid do one on my old vw . that was back in 98.
must be millions of campers with maroc paintings on them now .

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 067.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 067.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 132
Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
Yes we are guilty of putting murals and stickers on our motorhome. Driving a Dutch motorhome on our first trip everyone thought that we were Dutch. Even after putting the kangaroos etc, people still think we are Dutch people who like Australia. [cant win] And the little camel is from Morocco.
Bunyip on the Transfagarian.JPG
P4220005.JPG

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As Carol says, each to his own. I was a bit reluctant to have Rashid do a mural on the back panel of ours but once he'd finished we loved it and it is a bit of a talking point now. Also I no longer worry about anyone being stuck behind us as they've got a nice picture to look at!. Oh yes, and If there's a problem with speed cameras etc. we're very identifiable (of course that's a two-edged sword!)

IMG_2739.JPG

And to finish it off, we're the van with a moustache on the bonnet!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
had mine painted on by kalid at taga in 2002 getting a bit tired now . might have to go back and have it refreshed . this pic is quite awhile ago.
had rachid do one on my old vw . that was back in 98.
must be millions of campers with maroc paintings on them now .

You can always spot Rashids work from 100 yards away. He must be a wealthy man by now but I never rated his work. Now Kalid on the other hand is a true artist. Have had work done by both and to my mind Rashid is more of a cartoonist than an artist.
My old Rockwood with a piece by Kilid on the side. Took him 3 days standing on an oil drum and the detail was amazing. At night with the awning light on, it looked like a photo.
100_0044.JPG

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
You can always spot Rashids work from 100 yards away. He must be a wealthy man by now but I never rated his work. Now Kalid on the other hand is a true artist. Have had work done by both and to my mind Rashid is more of a cartoonist than an artist.
My old Rockwood with a piece by Kilid on the side. Took him 3 days standing on an oil drum and the detail was amazing. At night with the awning light on, it looked like a photo.
View attachment 119232
yes i can agree with that . kalid does much neater work.
mind his brother is doing alot now . dont remember his name .
i know back in 98 when rachid did my first ones on the vwt2 he was very young and he was a bit new to it .
mind i,m told the prices have gone up a bit now so might not be having any more . hee hee.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I have one, its says my other Motorhome is a Hymer :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back