DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As the title says, I've just booked the Plymouth/Roscoff ferry for early September, returning six weeks later. The plan is to see as much of "rural" France as possible, so it will be village aires and hopefully the odd vineyard or two as I've just signed up to France Passion today as well. The timing of the trip should be perfect for the vendange or grape harvest. We have no firm plans on how far south to go, it will depend largely on the weather but we will make a determined effort to escape out of Brittany - having failed miserably to do this last year when we were seduced by all the old stones in the region!

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
As the title says, I've just booked the Plymouth/Roscoff ferry for early September, returning six weeks later. The plan is to see as much of "rural" France as possible, so it will be village aires and hopefully the odd vineyard or two as I've just signed up to France Passion today as well. The timing of the trip should be perfect for the vendange or grape harvest. We have no firm plans on how far south to go, it will depend largely on the weather but we will make a determined effort to escape out of Brittany - having failed miserably to do this last year when we were seduced by all the old stones in the region!
Oh my, I feel another blog coming on:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It wasn't meant to be funny, looking forward to reading of you three on your next trip,
You're right though, I will try and write up the trip, it's the best way to remember where we've been, given my unreliable memory! I need to buy a new Three sim card as I must have more less exceeded the usage limits on the ones I have now and might get blocked. I've also cobbled together a wifi booster so I will give that a try but I'm not sure what free Wi-Fi there will be. There is the FON system but I haven't had much success with that so far but I will try again.

Reactions: kcy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'll be looking forward to your ramblings as usual but this time we might be over there for a couple of weeks in September too...(y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sounds like a great trip.. very envious.

safe travels..

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
We are doing a couple of weeks in Scotland, Loch Ness and Skye. Apart from a weekend in Fort William and Edinburgh, it a place I've never really explored, so the Garden and Yorkshire cricket can spare us some time away!

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We are doing a couple of weeks in Scotland, Loch Ness and Skye. Apart from a weekend in Fort William and Edinburgh, it a place I've never really explored, so the Garden and Yorkshire cricket can spare us some time away!
I love Scotland, just a long way from here! The time to go this year was May and June according to my brother, who lives in Fort William, these months were exceptionally dry and sunny. July, unfortunately, was a complete washout. :( You just have to take the weather on the chin in Scotland as unlike mainland Europe you can't just drive off to hunt the sun, though the east coast is generally the driest.

Reactions: kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Steve ,fortunately, doesn't come on here I just wave hi lights under his nose, he wanted to go to Cornwall. I won heehee. He had a 'hand' in the building of the Skye bridge so he didn't take much persuadeing

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Lucky you we've just got back and I want to go again! Glad you are going to do a blog ! Love reading yours and Charlie's exploits!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
You're right though, I will try and write up the trip, it's the best way to remember where we've been, given my unreliable memory! I need to buy a new Three sim card as I must have more less exceeded the usage limits on the ones I have now and might get blocked. I've also cobbled together a wifi booster so I will give that a try but I'm not sure what free Wi-Fi there will be. There is the FON system but I haven't had much success with that so far but I will try again.
The bits arrived then:)......didn't you say you were going to post a step by step guide of how you made it?...way over my head but I do enjoy reading of folks' tweaks & builds(y)

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The bits arrived then:)......didn't you say you were going to post a step by step guide of how you made it?...way over my head but I do enjoy reading of folks' tweaks & builds(y)
I've written some instructions, mostly as a way of recording what I did, but it was way over my head too and though it works I'm not confident enough to put it on here! The problem is it cost a shade over a hundred pounds in bits and I wouldn't want someone to buy everything then find it doesn't work when following my instructions. I also haven't tried it on a trip or properly installed it with a permanent power supply yet. I'm happy to share the instructions if anyone wants them, providing they understand they are probably going to be on their own if they hit problems. :)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I love Scotland, just a long way from here! The time to go this year was May and June according to my brother, who lives in Fort William, these months were exceptionally dry and sunny. July, unfortunately, was a complete washout. :( You just have to take the weather on the chin in Scotland as unlike mainland Europe you can't just drive off to hunt the sun, though the east coast is generally the driest.
was raining again i heard today in fort william.
bob that travels with me lives in the fort.
he is ready to get away . like you have said its been a very wet dark summer up there .

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I'll be waiting to read your new thread. I think I have an idea of some of the places you'll be visiting (y).

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Were off to south of France Sept 28th will there be any funsters around that area happy travels Rod

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Great. Looking forward to your trip although we'll be over there ourselves for 10 days. Calling in at Twin Lakes Rally while we're there.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Were off to south of France Sept 28th will there be any funsters around that area happy travels Rod
I'm sure there will be but the south of France is a big place! The best thing is if you find somewhere nice post something about it on the Forum. Or if you can't find anywhere nice - ask folk on here for suggestions on where to go. Some of the suggestions might even he helpful. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Great. Looking forward to your trip although we'll be over there ourselves for 10 days. Calling in at Twin Lakes Rally while we're there.
That's a thought, the Twin Lakes meet - I'll keep that in mind! Thank you. :)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
I'm sure there will be but the south of France is a big place! The best thing is if you find somewhere nice post something about it on the Forum. Or if you can't find anywhere nice - ask folk on here for suggestions on where to go. Some of the suggestions might even he helpful. :)
Hi most of the trip is planned starting in Port Grimaud & then along the coast to Cannes combining campsites & aires

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Hi most of the trip is planned starting in Port Grimaud & then along the coast to Cannes combining campsites & aires
We will be in Port Grimaud for all of September setting off on August 30. Bear in mind that it all closes by the end of September.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Early September ferry to Jersey for long weekend (see the grandkids) then onto St Malo for a bimble around Brittany.
We had a great trip around bits of Brittany last year, we were pretty lucky with the weather too.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
We will be in Port Grimaud for all of September setting off on August 30. Bear in mind that it all closes by the end of September.
Hi according to the ACSI book there are a few sites still open if not we have the campers top book with loads of Aires we have been there before so know the area slightly happy travels Rod

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi according to the ACSI book there are a few sites still open if not we have the campers top book with loads of Aires we have been there before so know the area slightly happy travels Rod
Yes of course there are some sites open but as a general rule the further north the fewer are open ditto sites by the sea generally close. Sites near major cities or some other all year round attraction are more likely to be open.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Not too worried about major cities just a nice chill out month & lots of food & wine we prefer out of season anyway

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
of course you can drive off to hunt the sun in Scotland, best of luck finding it though!

France first two weeks in September for us as well, first venture abroad.

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
We are off to twin lakes next month looking forward to this and our first trip in our second hand Rapido 7066f motorhome, purchased at Malvern show. We hope to collect it this coming week, as time is betting sort.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back