Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Hello every one, we are Jill and Elaine and together with our Hymer we make up the Celtic Ramblers
Elaine and I are planning to relocate to Portugal this year or early next year.
There were too many officials to see and papers to sign so Elaine came up with the bright idea of getting a Motorhome so we could take our time and stay in places to try before we buy a property.
To date we have done all the usual map purchasing, getting to know the Hymer and generally clogging up roads and driving slightly near the dotted line, Oh the faces on some car drivers that over took because we did the exactly speed limit was crazy, but so much fun. We have not driven a left hander over here before and to us it feel easy and comfortable it is quite unreal.
Before we joined this site, we had scoured around for information, although we are both the type that will prod, poke and push buttons to find out what it does and we enjoy the hands on approach after a good think over a cup of tea, so, this experience for us will be the most crazy project to undertake and we plan to document a great deal of it even the negative bits if there are to be any.

Why this site to join? You people made us laugh, feel more positive and our determination has been boosted by reading the forums and enjoying the jovial input from many.

I tend to live by certain philosophies and there is one I love it goes like this...The only Stupid question was the one not asked, so if I come across as thick at times it is because my brain is hindered by Motorhome newbiness lmao

Attachments

• Preston with his new Saltire.JPG
    Preston with his new Saltire.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Close up saltire.JPG
    Close up saltire.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Prestons cab.JPG
    Prestons cab.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Preston pick up and elaine.JPG
    Preston pick up and elaine.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
:Grin: That is a fantastic welcome and yes LMFAO the steering wheels upside down hahahahahaaa
:bro:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Cracker of an Intro, a word of warning though, venturing as far as Portugal without a stack of Fray Bentos Pies is deemed unadvisable, @JJ will fill you in on the precise requirements.

Welcome to the Nut House Jill & Elaine........ Griff

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Brummie? Brummie? I'll have you know I'm from the Black Country! It's not too far from Birmingham but we Black Country folks are NOT Brummies!

Wyn
LMAO I said to Elaine you watch the reply I bet they will say we are from the Black Country hahahahahaaa its Brummie lmao get over it hahahahahahaaaaa You lot just put on a posher accent and hope no one notices hahahahaaaa

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Cracker of an Intro, a word of warning though, venturing as far as Portugal without a stack of Fray Bentos Pies is deemed unadvisable, @JJ will fill you in on the precise requirements.

Welcome to the Nut House Jill & Elaine........ Griff
hahahahaaa thank you so much and Fray bentos pies huh? ew yuk lmao we got a stack of smoked streaky from Morrisons and some Haggis for Elaine oh and black pudding lol...cant wait for further instructions lol

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome.

I am sure you will get all sorted in due course

Bought an orchard and an apartment in Central Portugal several years ago... best thing I ever did. The apartment was new, is fully furnished and I never, ever use it.

Located in Central Portugal, near(ish) to Coimbra.

If I can help... ask away...

(Please note... I prefer to use the Forum rather than PM's.)

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Welcome.

I am sure you will get all sorted in due course

Bought an orchard and an apartment in Central Portugal several years ago... best thing I ever did. The apartment was new, is fully furnished and I never, ever use it.

Located in Central Portugal, near(ish) to Coimbra.

If I can help... ask away...

(Please note... I prefer to use the Forum rather than PM's.)

JJ :cool:

Yes me too after all its hilarious on these forums and the best bit is when someone makes me laugh. Portugal is a lovely place but we also have yet another plan, being right football fans we are going to Visit as many estádio de futebol, as we can....and yes I just cut n pasted that off google translator lol We both wish you well in your move and happening plans ...

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Yes me too after all its hilarious on these forums and the best bit is when someone makes me laugh. Portugal is a lovely place but we also have yet another plan, being right football fans we are going to Visit as many estádio de futebol, as we can....and yes I just cut n pasted that off google translator lol We both wish you well in your move and happening plans ...

Celtic fans I'm guessing? Might see you guys in the CL.

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Tims we are aye..Cmon Hoops, but I do like watching other teams, Morton is one such and falkirk for another
There's an Aberdeen fan on here, can't remember his name unfortunately. He's probably pretty annoyed at the poor refereeing that cost his team qualification into the Europa League...

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Aww its a shame, football these days seems not unlike the Eurovision Song contest, all about which ref is from a country that gets on with your own. I watched many a game whereby an obvious foul had taken place but totally ignored by the ref who watch watching it happen and it often happens to Celtic and omg wtf is Ambrose still doing there? That teams needs to shed some skin and fast because if Griffiths gets too fed up of being under played and placed in a position he is deemed almost useless, he will walk and then...:sick:

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
I watched the Celtic friendlies against Leicester and Barca and there were signs of improvement under Rodgers I thought. Also watched Spurs thump Inter 6-1 and that made me smile! Anyway good luck to both teams I say.

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
I watched the Celtic friendlies against Leicester and Barca and there were signs of improvement under Rodgers I thought. Also watched Spurs thump Inter 6-1 and that made me smile! Anyway good luck to both teams I say.
Indeed

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome! :WelcomeFlag:You have a lovely van and I love his name Preston !
Hope your plans work out although with a MH plans change at a whim and it's very relaxing! It's taken us 7 years to have a holiday where we worked as a team and had no rows!!:LOL:

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Hello and welcome! :WelcomeFlag:You have a lovely van and I love his name Preston !
Hope your plans work out although with a MH plans change at a whim and it's very relaxing! It's taken us 7 years to have a holiday where we worked as a team and had no rows!!:LOL:

...aww thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome and Anthea, you have no idea how right you are..we found out today because I backed Prestion into a ford focus pmsl

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
...aww thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome and Anthea, you have no idea how right you are..we found out today because I backed Prestion into a ford focus pmsl
Oh no.....much damage? I hope not, can happen to anyone. I inherited a reversing cam on my little van and must say it's very handy.

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Oh no.....much damage? I hope not, can happen to anyone. I inherited a reversing cam on my little van and must say it's very handy.
LMAO There is a reversing camera lol I just didnt look and the car had parked right up my rear lol its all ok though and we all had a laugh about it, it was cool

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
If the hand brake had not stuck whilst on levers this would not have happened lol quite a first experience :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back