euro disney new year 2009/2010 (1 Viewer)

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
Hi all we are looking at getting off dec 27th this year and staying at disney for new year celebrations just wondered if any others are heading this way to look out for as if so will load more drinks

many thanks

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi all we are looking at getting off dec 27th this year and staying at disney for new year celebrations just wondered if any others are heading this way to look out for as if so will load more drinks

many thanks

Hi

If planning on staying at the motorhome parking, be aware that there will be no fresh water.. it's turned off during winter ..

otherwise, sounds like a great trip :Smile:

jim

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
thanks

hi

i assume the shower block is still operational

lots of questions for you as you seem to have done this

do they shut down the fill up point at rear of toilet block and the tap in front of toilet block if so does the garage at entrance still provide water

many thanks

robin :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
hi

i assume the shower block is still operational

lots of questions for you as you seem to have done this

do they shut down the fill up point at rear of toilet block and the tap in front of toilet block if so does the garage at entrance still provide water

many thanks

robin :thumb:

Hi Robin

We were there Jan 2008 , it was bitterly cold .. minus several degrees during the night. Our hot air heating eats batteries so I ran the genny to top up.

The shower block's for coach drivers .. not motorhomers, but no doubt some were using it, despite the signs..

The fill point at the rear was shut off, the garage may have water, never checked , we had enough in the tank for three days.

jim

Last edited:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
new year disney

many thanks

HI We are are going for new year me and my wife and my 2 boys 11 and 13 in our rimor staying in the car park

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
check through the recent threads Robin, errpaul is going to and worried abbout staying warm. perhaps you could all snuggle up together:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi what are Eurodisney do for the new celebrations then?

Olley

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
check through the recent threads Robin, errpaul is going to and worried abbout staying warm. perhaps you could all snuggle up together:ROFLMAO:

That would save on gas I guess!!:ROFLMAO:
We'll be there from boxing day until very late on 2nd Jan. We've spoken to Robin...forgot to put our drinks order in though!!:winky:

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
Hi Robin,

We were very tempted after speaking to you and Michaela over the weekend. Sadly the pub field in Cheshire came out top [mainly due to budget]. Disneyland Paris next year maybe.

Enjoy yourselves and don't get too chilly on New Years Day. :ROFLMAO:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
we are going over christmas, just wondering if new year would be better? will see what the mrs says:Smile:

DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We're going for a practice in mid november then again on 30th December to return on 2nd.

Taking a genny to keep battery topped up and plenty of duvets and thermals. :ROFLMAO:

Should be a laugh. I've got my MotorHomeFun sticker to ID us. Get the drinks ready!

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
we are ready

hi all
no electric at disney but generator going just in case , to be fair only need electric first thing in morning , for tea and late evening so not anticipating loss of power from panels and batteries
it is spencers 7th birthday on new years eve so anyone with children please advise as we are taking party bags and a cake , we are planning to eat out new years eve at the park restaurant where the water ride goes through it ( i think from memory it is the indiana jones ride ) as this had a good menu at fair prices .
i understand fake snow is sprayed if no real fluffy stuff arrives .
i will try to get a list of anyone going late november / early december so we all know who to look out for but we will be trying to pull up in front of the coach shower block as if we do not use that we will be the only ones .
we will have alcohol on board for medisinal ( spell check please !!! ) purposes only , i understand jd is good for keeping warm but dont care as am still drinking it :thumb:
disney by all accounts is fantastic at xmas and new year for the children and i am sure all the parents will have a great time as well
dont forget your new year costumes :thumb:

sorry to hear cavendish wont make it this year as would have been good, errpaul will be fine in his van once locked down and heating on just forget the no alchol rule it will be fun

off down to praa sands , cornwall end of next week for october break and am about ready as this is the last one before new year , anyone down there send me a pm as will pick up mails while away

DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well, were booked.

Going on the 15th nov for a few days and then back for new year on 30th december.

Did originally get quotes for the eurotunnel from the 'cheap ferry' webstes but because of procastination we didnt book it. Came back to book the crosing this evening and found that it was going to cost about £280. Almost just paid it but decided to check directly with eurotunnel and saved over £100!! It pays to check.

Here's to New Year 'Fun':Cool:

beemerboy

Free Member
May 22, 2009
wemyss bay(where?)
Funster No
MH
roller team
Exp
euro disney

Being a newcomer I asked this quetion before and did not get straightforward answer - I take it there is a facility at euro disney for motor homes ? not for new year we are going Loch Lomond side, can any one enlighten me?

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Coach Driver Showers

Hi Robin

We were there Jan 2008 , it was bitterly cold .. minus several degrees during the night. Our hot air heating eats batteries so I ran the genny to top up.

The shower block's for coach drivers .. not motorhomers, but no doubt some were using it, despite the signs..

The fill point at the rear was shut off, the garage may have water, never checked , we had enough in the tank for three days.

jim

Good Thread Jim!

Reference Shower Block For COACH Drivers, I was one for many years and visted euro disney. The coach park at disney is not just for coaches visiting, its also used as an overflow for paris parking as they have stopped on street parking in paris. I myself as a coach driver having been parked at Disney and attempting to use this facility have faced a long line of Motorhomers waiting to use the showers even though it states for Coach Drivers only!

Over the years the showers have become damaged through misuse and a I have heard that this facitily may be closed down. There is a Motorway Service area close to disney that has male/female showers for a small charge.

The point I am trying to make is that the showers are for coach drivers use only! I am sure that if 10 coaches turn up at an aire and wanted to park, empty rubbish bins and empty the coach toilet, all hell would break loose.

Remember Coaches dont have showers aboard them! (I know, not all Motorhomes/Caravans have the shower facilities)

Regards

Ant

camper69

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
North Bucks
Funster No
Exp
Being a newcomer I asked this quetion before and did not get straightforward answer - I take it there is a facility at euro disney for motor homes ? not for new year we are going Loch Lomond side, can any one enlighten me?

Not a Motorhome facility but a car park where they let motorhomes stay the night @ €13 per night. They are some shower /toilet facilities that should only be used by coach drivers but everyone else use them as well.

There is also a dump for grey/back waste that he coaches use that you can use aswell and there is also some taps for fresh water.

When we were there at Easter last year there were about 60 motorhomes there.

Derek

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Shower Block For COACH Drivers

we were there in august as well the park was packed with motorhomes poss 300 or more the showers were some time hot and some time cold

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back