The good the not to bad and the dam right awful. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Just thought I would like some opinions on the following.

The good-

Well, over the weekend I had problems with my heating. Problems that were difficult to diagnose by the people in the know due to what appeared complex issues and not as straight forward in terms of the actual performance and or lack of it of the heating. Any how after thinking that I would have to strip the boiler out, I contacted TRUMA as one of the likely problems appeared to be the PCB unit. I asked that if I bought one and it was a different problem would I be able to return the PCB. ALthough the answer was no, I was then asked to describe the problem. I explained the problem and immediately the helpful Gentleman gave me a diagnosis based on 3 options, the simple one was- Regulator was knacked, second was the gas valve on the heating and 3rd was the PCB. I was a given a simple way of testing the first problem and bingo the problem was apparant.
Thanks TRUMA:thumb:

The dam right awful-
Well I wont name the company but needless to say as it was a dealer near me. I went to him and set about getting the new truma regulator that I need. The shop assistant was so rude to me that I simply decided not to bother buying the part and walked away. This chap and his assistants are so rude they are embarrassing to themselves. this company that will not be named should give up trading. :Angry:

The not to bad-
Well Spinneys motorhomes, only 5 miles from the above dealer, I gave them a call and the lady helpfully got of her back side to go and see if the part was in stock. Having done so she then reminded me that they had two fitting sizes. She was extremely helpful and knowlegable of the part required, although £4 dearer she knocked me some off and winked that I was a CC member. I never minded paying extra because of the super customer service.
So why only not to bad?
well whilst there Nikki and I thought we would have a quick ganders at the vans for sale. There it was in front of us, the van we have but a year older, 5k more than we paid, more miles, less extras and a right mess in side. When I say a mess, not just dirty but holes all over the place bits missing and a sorry looking state.
there were several other vans all in the same condition. I am sure they will get a clean and a few repairs done to them, but come on dealers, sell them as your pride and joys and not in the state some think are ok to go on the forecourt.

So rant over, and whats your local dealer like.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am amased they sell any vans at all with the grossly inflated prices they charge. Strange thing is,they do.
The few times I do go down there,they do seem to have different stock, or mabe they just move them around a lot.:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Am amased they sell any vans at all with the grossly inflated prices they charge. Strange thing is,they do.
The few times I do go down there,they do seem to have different stock, or mabe they just move them around a lot.:RollEyes:

the sad thing is, that the accessories shop and staff are ace. Its just the van sales that needs a good overhaul, and yes they do sell vans:Eeek:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
the sad thing is, that the accessories shop and staff are ace. Its just the van sales that needs a good overhaul, and yes they do sell vans:Eeek:
I believe its three diferent companys though. Once went to see about buying and fitting a sat dish, the sales staff said they could sell it to me, then had to phone another company in the garage to see if and when they could fit it. Reply came back from garage saying they were to busy for at least two months. Neadless to say I didnt bother.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We don't frequent alot of dealer,but....

We had cause to visit a certain RV dealer at the weekend just gone for some specific parts, and enevitably had a quick look at the 'vans for sale.

Unbelivable, dirty, damaged etc etc just as others see else where, it also amazes me they sell anything. We all know, in theory, they'll get a good clean before going out but for me the fact that I didn't want to touch anything for fear of catching something nasty would stop me even concidering buying one. Crackers really.

One thing we did realise, we were very lucky finding our Winne as the comparison was ridiculous.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back