New aires video posted.......Montreuil-sur-Mer. (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Have been there years ago when I used to stay in a gite not far away.... They have some big markets and brocantes there, lovely walks and views around the ramparts.... A lovely small town...(y)

Thanks for that:giggle:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
thankyou for posting we have some lovely memories we always stayed on the campsite at the side of the river but that aire does look very inviting x
Kate

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Stayed there for a couple of nights in June, it's a very nice town and good aire. I did notice one or two motorhomes entering the town from the north side and over the cobblestones, rather them than me. Mike.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
thankyou for posting we have some lovely memories we always stayed on the campsite at the side of the river but that aire does look very inviting x
Kate
We have also stayed on the campsite by the river but will try the aire next time we are in the area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Great aire been there a few times but whenever I get there it always seems busy. I normally get the last space!

We have used this aire many times when it was just a piece of
ground next to the boules pitch.And we used it two weeks ago
and now its been made into marked out pitches and we also
got the last place!(y)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Stayed there for a couple of nights in June, it's a very nice town and good aire. I did notice one or two motorhomes entering the town from the north side and over the cobblestones, rather them than me. Mike.

If one of them was a silver hymer, it could of been us! Took a wrong turn somewhere and drove through the town, full of cobbles as you say. We didn't have any fillings left but managed to enjoy a lovely meal and a walk along the ramparts. Massive drop with no railings, the lack of health and safety was refreshing until I remembered Mr Mousy has a huge insurance policy on me:eek:

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
We stayed at a B&B in Madelaine s/Montreuil on our way home 2 years ago (before we had the van). Very pleasant walk from there up into Montreuil, interesting area to have a look at if you have time.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I was there last week. Somewhere close by is a source of some rather good wines as I came across a couple of Funsters (WU16***) staggering towards the aire under the weight of a goodly few cases.
Nice to meet you guys - that bubbly rosé sounded nice.

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi Geriatric Wanderer nice to meet you as well, all of the wine made it safely back to Worcester. Good to meet fellow funsters on our travels, we also met fidget when he parked up next to us at Mortagne-sur-mer

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Richard,
Great Aire. Impressed with the video and it's presentation to - what software are you using?

John

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
It's been a wet miserable morning so what is better than going through some footage from our last trip to France.
If you haven't visited Montreuil-sur-Mer (miles from the Mer now :)) I can thoroughly recommend a stop there. Just make sure you all leave room for me. (y);)

Richard.

It's a horrible place and you will not like it. There is nowhere to eat, nowhere to walk your dog and alcohol is banned from the town center. It's even been know to rain there.

Now stay away and leave room for me in my favorite aire, especially since its free and only an hour from Calais.
;););)

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Richard,
Great Aire. Impressed with the video and it's presentation to - what software are you using?

John
Hi John
Sorry for the delay in replying but we have just got back from our latest trip, 7 weeks wandering around France.
3 Network kindly cut my data connection half way through so very little internet for the last 3 weeks.
The videos are shot using a BlackVue dash cam and the editing is done on a Mac using the built in iMovie.
Got a whole stack to edit and upload when I get the time so there will be loads more to come.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back