Poland - anyone know of a printable map of the viaToll sections? (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Hi
We are thinking of having a look around Poland after a visit to Berlin in a few weeks. We will need to register for the viaToll electronic sections as we are over 3.5t....it does sound like a pain though. Maybe we could just avoid them?

Does anyone know of an up to date map showing the payable sections?

OP
OP
Roseandpeter
Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Cheers Martin

I was on the viaToll site looking for this very thingy...don't know how I missed it :-/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Friends of ours @DAVE CANOE travelled in Poland a couple of years ago with car and caravan I think so if he sees this he might comment.

Martin

OP
OP
Roseandpeter
Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Martin
It would be good to hear about what condition to expect the roads to be in from someone who has been quite recently.
Rose

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We are thinking of having a look around Poland after a visit to Berlin

I have this map your welcome to. It was used a while ago by someone else traveling from Germany to Poland.....:);)

map.jpg

OP
OP
Roseandpeter
Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Scotjimland

I have read that the roads leave alot to be desired, but it does seem as if they are improving from what i have read....but perhaps that is just the Toll roads.

Mar 13, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
Hobby Ford Transit
Exp
3 years
Have travelled into Poland main roads fine but side roads often leave a bit to be desired ie. loose surface with pot holes so a bit like UK? Visited Warsaw super not expensive stayed at site cheap travelled in to centre using local transport was advised NOT to visit with car due to gangster parking problems and threats for looking after car or Else? Krakow visit similar used site nearby roads OK as main transport to Auswich parked at LIDL to avoid excessive site charges and cycled in. Obviously we were caravaning after visit to Latvia Lithuania and Estonia. All highly recomended same road issues main OK and quiet side roads not so good. all sites good not expensive no problems saw the light as the only caravanners around came home bought Adria Van?

Mar 13, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
Hobby Ford Transit
Exp
3 years
Morning Wednesday have found our road map for use in Poland if any good for you. Printed by Copernicus Polska Transport ciezarowy as used by the truckers. Shows all TIR stops theoretical motorways and the main good route we used no tolls to Berlin from Krakov and Warsaw there are good quality main roads paralell to the theoretical finished and not finished motor way sections which you would want to use get in touch if map required . Regards Dave Canoe

OP
OP
Roseandpeter
Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Hello Dave Canoe
Thanks for the very useful information and apologies for the delay in responding to your kind offer. We have been having a rethink about our route and have decided after all to head down to Dresden and through CZ and into Bavaria. Gonna try my hand at yodelling :)

Rose

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Rose

Dresden is well worth a visit, there is a Stellplatz very handy for the town as it's just the other side of the river, there is a nice park with miniature steam trains running around it and VW have an assembly plant there that you can go round as a visitor for a few euros.

Czech Republic is good and Prague is fantastic, we stayed on a ACSI site a few miles out and then got into the city one day by bike right along the riverside and a couple of days by train.

Cesky Crumlov is fantastic and well worth a visit, there is a parking spot for motorhomes where the tourist bus stop is or some people use the bus depot slightly further out.

We also stayed at lake Lipno which is a beautiful spot if you like cycling canoeing sailing or just sitting in the shade watching the lake.

The Czech Republic operates a Via Toll go box system for over 3500kg motorhomes but it was easy to take out and return the box as it was all done with a book of translated phrases and you just need to point at the relevant phrase, unless they speak English or you speak Czech of course.

Martin

OP
OP
Roseandpeter
Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Cheers Martin,

Thanks for the tips...the lake sounds lovely. We are planning on a brewery tour in Plzen whilst we are there. Should be entertaining .

Rose

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back