Garage Mort ???? (1 Viewer)

Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
I see this - Garage Mort - as an option on quite a few French campsite websites. Anyone got any idea what it is - assuming it's not a dead garage :D

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
It's "storage" - leaving your motorhome there while you're not living in it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It's "storage" - leaving your motorhome there while you're not living in it.
Makes perfect sense.....
A MORTuary is a place to store bodies.

If it was in Germany it would consist of at least seven words each containing at least 22 letters.
Why use one word when seven will do

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Wow - great - thanks! I had a suspicion but I didn't dare hope :) - my French place will be 5 mins away from a site offering this. Perfect.

It is not the same as 'secure storage', it is basically left on a vacant pitch and when you use it you pay the normal rate and when left you pay the reduced rate. Normal more secure storage is either 'Hivernage' or ' Gardiennage'

OP
OP
SwissBob
Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
It is not the same as 'secure storage', it is basically left on a vacant pitch and when you use it you pay the normal rate and when left you pay the reduced rate. Normal more secure storage is either 'Hivernage' or ' Gardiennage'

Suits me ... I think ... I have parking at home but would need to stick it somewhere if guests have cars. Although the town hall have now said I can use their car park for free so that's even better. Not really looking for winter storage as they often come with limited access but will try to find a barn to rent later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Glad you find that funny
For the non native English speakers
What's a 'Gypsies Kiss' ?

Very good indeed! I'm quite Lucky as I seldom wear jewellery (we say wear in french, but don't know if you use that word for the same purpose, feel free to correct me!)

Languages colloquialismes are always a tad weird, and when you have a look at it, it's funny most times!!:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back