Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
stayed here last night. Had a fantastic day watching dolphins in the bay , seals and even a wedding. Toll road on the way in bloke charges £4.50 for a motorhome and you can stay the night. Don't know if I misunderstood him but I thought he said if we stay today we'd have to pay another £4.50 which was fair enough.

We left at 730 this morning to goo to other places and we're still charged another £4.50 to leave. Said he told us but hey ho it was a great spot. Not seen that when I've read posts on the forum though.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
It seems that the access road is privately owned land & the landlord / toll collector have carte blanche to do what they want ?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I just googled Penmont Pont 'cause I hadn't heard of it - it looks lovely and really interesting, TripAdvisor reviews obviously agree with you @Gazza333 !

Priceless bit in one of the reviews though - "I would happily go again and this time earlier in the day as the tide was coming in" - somebody else who doesn't understand how the tides work :rolleyes:
(Like the emmet I heard saying "the tide's always in when we want to go to the beach - they should do something about it" o_O )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
It seems that the access road is privately owned land & the landlord / toll collector have carte blanche to do what they want ?
Yes I just googled and can see some very harsh comments from car drivers and the £2.50 charge.

I had a great time and do not object in the slightest to paying as it was well worth it for where I was parked right on the sea front 5 yards to the sea. Just maybe should be a bit clearer as to having to pay the next day too

Recommend it for a stay though. I parked on the grass field that was a little bumpy to get to the front but with careful driving its achievable

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
This thread is perfect timing for us.
We are going to the Anglesey circuit next weekend to watch some motor racing. Staying at the circuit on Saturday evening, as it's a two day event, but then planning on looking around Anglesey. So, I think this will definately be where we will be heading for now.
What are the roads like leading to it?

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
A little narrow in places and my roof brushed a few branches but nothing serious. On way out I stayed more in middle of road and had no problems at all and no brushes on roof.

I wouldn't think any size motorhome would have too much difficulty just obvious care where it's narrow but plenty of passing places

To park in car park is all hard standing. If you want to be right on sea front on grass like I did it's a bit bumpy to drive accros the grass, and if you have a "low" motorhome I wouldn't recommend it . Height from floor to lowest bit of motorhome I mean.

Don't even try the narrow looking road to the left of the grass field by the front unless your in a small vw and even then I heard they brush the sides . It will be obvious when u get there or look on google earth

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
That's very helpful Gazza333, and will definately be heading up that way after the racing.
Will certainly be trying to get right next to the sea, so will take it very steady accross the grass, and will probably stay the night.
We love the sound of the sea, so fingers crossed for some sunshine as well.
Did you take any pictures?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We visited in the car last month when staying nearby at HPB Henllys Hall. It is a lovely spot and well worth a visit.

Obviously paid the £2.50, which was excellent value - had a nice picnic there.

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
That's very helpful Gazza333, and will definately be heading up that way after the racing.
Will certainly be trying to get right next to the sea, so will take it very steady accross the grass, and will probably stay the night.
We love the sound of the sea, so fingers crossed for some sunshine as well.
Did you take any pictures?

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Its safer driving over the field than it is trying to go down the road you see on the field pic. That road is very narrow and high sided and leans over at a large angle next to a bush at one point

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
The views in real life were stunning. Probably 225 degrees of sea view all across the coast to Llandudno etc far better than can be seen in these pictures

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
(n)Those views look fantastic.
We will detinately be heading accross there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back