mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I'm very frustrated.. Some weeks ago, a little scrote of some description broke unto our van.. the items stolen were minor and irrelevant but the did a number on the window.

I've searched ebay , I've googled, I've emailed all sorts of scrappies but I can't find a window to fit.. Any ideas?

Rail is 855mm top to bottom measured inside the window is 475mm as best I can tell. I've put pictures including the catches.

Edit.. I will come back to pictures as the upload doesn't seem to be working...

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
IMG_20160710_101323.jpg
IMG_20160710_100203.jpg
IMG_20160710_100535.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
EECO will make one for you send them the old window for a pattern costs about £200 dependant on size.
thanks for that - ouch on cost but more importantly ouch on having to take the old window out to get a replacement made.. at the moment we have it wedged to keep the van weathertight so would have to come up with a new solution while a replacement window is made up.. might end up being our only choice though so I will send an inquiry

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Have you tried Charles and sons in poole they keep lots of obsolete parts.

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
I have just renewed my MH insurance which includes 'windscreen cover'. I asked is this also included the side plastic windows of the MH and was told that it does. Have you checked with your insurance company?

KH

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I have just renewed my MH insurance which includes 'windscreen cover'. I asked is this also included the side plastic windows of the MH and was told that it does. Have you checked with your insurance company?

KH
Very good idea , i never thought on asking my insurance company that, but i will do come next renewal :)

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp

KH
I missed this.. I came back to update the thread with the price from EECO... £308

But I will talk to the insurance company first..does it matter that it was damaged in a break in?

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
It should make no difference. Let us know how you get on.

KH
turns out our policy which is through insurance choice but underwritten by markerstudy has a window claims line which puts you through to auto windscreens - they were obviously of no help.. I called back through to the main claims line and they said it would be covered under the comprehensive cover but would affect my future premiums (unlike glass cover) so it isn't worth it by the time I pay the excess.. plus no doubt their authorised repairer would make a meal of it and cost even more.. worth a call though thank you

so back to the drawing board... one more search on ebay just in case and if not then EECO it is...

just one more rant about the homeless ^%$$^ that was too stupid even to try the doors before they did £300 of damage to steal a throw and a (**&&& cushion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya there is a company called S F M caravans in bradford area that seem to have hundreds off vans old and recent that are being broken for spare hope this helps..... i found them on ebay while looking at hymer spares

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back