New sign up (1 Viewer)

Jul 30, 2016
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Pegaso
Exp
New to Motorhoming
Hi, I have just signed up to this forum and this is my first every forum so looking forward to a new experience. I am planning to buy a motorhome but before I do I will be hiring one to try it out and have a test run. I live in Scotland and plan to visit the highlands and island with my partner and much loved dog. Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from this forum.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
image.gif

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Hi Moglet & welcome!
Sounds like you have a good strategy. Be aware that the vast majority of motorhome owners buy one with the wrong layout the first time - and sometimes the 2nd time! Try to view as many motorhomes as possible to get your ideas straight. Then work out what you want and hire one that is a close match - and then work out what doesn't work for you!
It's a great life!
Bill

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome to fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Moglet
Jul 30, 2016
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Pegaso
Exp
New to Motorhoming
Thank you all for the warm welcome and early tips, @Bill_OR thank you for the good advice. Can someone tell me what the "Funster" strap line means?

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you all for the warm welcome and early tips, @Bill_OR thank you for the good advice. Can someone tell me what the "Funster" strap line means?
Hi and welcome :)
If you want to Make more than 5 posts then you must become a Fundster , which costs £15 per year , believe me it is more than worth it as the amount of knowledge here is unreal ,, and also soooooooo Friendly :D , best £15 i spent in ages

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi @Moglet and welcome. one fly in your plan is most rental agreements say no smoking and no dogs

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi and welcome.
FUNSTER refers to being a member of motorhomefun, better known as fun...hence, a FUNSTER.

You will see others such as...
'read only funster'...a non subscribed member.

Trader or trade funster....a subscribe trade member.

Forum sponsor...a trade member who has paid to advertise on the forum.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and a warm welcome to MHF.good luck with your future purchase.
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
Moglet
Jul 30, 2016
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Pegaso
Exp
New to Motorhoming
Hi @Moglet and welcome. one fly in your plan is most rental agreements say no smoking and no dogs
@TheBig1 Hmmm that will be a pain, I don't smoke but I would hate not to take my dog. I will research well to see if I can find a renal that will agree to the dog

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
@TheBig1 Hmmm that will be a pain, I don't smoke but I would hate not to take my dog. I will research well to see if I can find a renal that will agree to the dog
We hired one a few years ago from a company in York and we had 2 dogs at the time. Can't remember the name but there can't be too many around there.
Found it - these allow dogs.

http://www.tasteoffreedommotorhomes.co.uk/

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Welcome Moglet from us down in the South we love it up in your neck of the woods good luck with your search for a van as others have said don't rush and get one that's right first time although that's a hard ask as there's always going to be compromises.(y)(y)(y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hi, I have just signed up to this forum and this is my first every forum so looking forward to a new experience. I am planning to buy a motorhome but before I do I will be hiring one to try it out and have a test run. I live in Scotland and plan to visit the highlands and island with my partner and much loved dog. Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from this forum.
How neat is that? finding the best forum first go :LOL:
Good luck with doing the same with van choice :)
:welcomesign:

Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
Welcome to the fun and games :D.

We used the same method - we spent ages talking through the various pro's and cons and then hired what we thought was our ideal MH. We almost got it right but the boss got fed up with me having to get my leg over during the night (ooer missus) for the overnight comfort break that seems to afflict those of us of a certain age. Unbelievable, but within a day of getting home we found a MH with the alternative bed option that ticked all the other boxes and here we are about to go and get it: Globecar Campscout 3.0 automatic.

I think it's definitely worth hiring - one of the hire firms we contacted offered to take the hire price off if we went on to buy one from them but having seen how hire vans can be abused - half a dozen issues with ours - we decided that only a one careful owner fsh etc etc would be considered.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back