Emergency (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
I have a non starter system from Vanbitz which for some reason has left me stranded in a lay-by on a busy road. Unfortunately they are on holiday at the moment and I can't get an answer on their phone. The standard method doesn't seem to do anything. I appreciate that no tips want to be shown on this site but can anyone help me. I have the override code but can't see how to do it.
I hope someone from Vanbitz may see this.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Is the led light flashing to show that the system is activated?

Had you set the immobiliser ?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It might also be worth sending the system a message to check its status

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't get me wrong - although I haven't ever used Vanbitz myself their reputation is extremely good - but a company that is involved with security items/systems that you cannot contact in an emergency is IMV wrong, it's not as if it's just simple thing such as a toaster etc, but when an alarm system malfunctions it can be a major issue.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a non starter system from Vanbitz which for some reason has left me stranded in a lay-by on a busy road. Unfortunately they are on holiday at the moment and I can't get an answer on their phone. The standard method doesn't seem to do anything. I appreciate that no tips want to be shown on this site but can anyone help me. I have the override code but can't see how to do it.
I hope someone from Vanbitz may see this.
If you have breakdown recovery give them a ring.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Don't get me wrong - although I haven't ever used Vanbitz myself their reputation is extremely good - but a company that is involved with security items/systems that you cannot contact in an emergency is IMV wrong, it's not as if it's just simple thing such as a toaster etc, but when an alarm system malfunctions it can be a major issue.
The point is emergency override procedures are provided.
If the operator can't figure out how to use them I can't see how Eddie is at fault.

Of course, it may be a total failure in which case, yes, there should be someone available to help.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I am on holiday, actually itonically have been broken down on a French motorway with a blown tyre

However, Van Bitz is operating normally

Why do you think the Non Starter is at fault? I assume that you haven't activated it in a lay by?

If you do think it is faultly, you can by pass it. Do,you remember being shown where yours is?

If you can't remember, we can't tell you, but as always the office is shut weekends

If you PM me the symptoms I will eaneavour to help

FOr the record, we never have offered 24/7 assistance, problems thankfully are rare, the main system does have an emergency override and the, Non Starter can be by pass by the owner

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
It would be good if @Jasz could come back on and let us know how is getting on? Hopefully he is sorted and is now driving so cannot comment.

OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
I have been trying to sort it out, fortunately I have now been able to speak to one of the mechanics. I just need a suitable tool to override it. Big mistake not leaving my tools in the van. Hopefully someone will be along before too long with some.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
as I say PM me if you have any further issues, or speak to the office on Monday

The Non Starter units are extremely reliable, any normal issues are, the wrong commands being sent (we are after all all human(y)) or the user having run out of system credit, (we are after all all human:)) or the user sending multiple commands and not waiting for a response if the network is busy

The system will of course auto arm in the event of the battery bring disconnected, so if your phone isn't handy that can cause issues,mouth I doubt you disconnected the battery whilst sat in a lay by :LOL:

OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
There seems to be a problem with the texting side of it as I received 3 phone calls but no texts, which is why I stopped in the lay-by in the first place. I had not armed it at all.
Looking on the bright side it did work when I stopped (n)

OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
as I say PM me if you have any further issues, or speak to the office on Monday

The Non Starter units are extremely reliable, any normal issues are, the wrong commands being sent (we are after all all human(y)) or the user having run out of system credit, (we are after all all human:)) or the user sending multiple commands and not waiting for a response if the network is busy

The system will of course auto arm in the event of the battery bring disconnected, so if your phone isn't handy that can cause issues,mouth I doubt you disconnected the battery whilst sat in a lay by :LOL:

Hi Eddie
I have sent you a message before my last 2 posts.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Right. OP is sorted.

Who's going to do the reversing camera joke this time?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Please do mention it as I don't know what you two are on about! :rolleyes:

Surely you've heard about @eddievanbitz and reversing cameras?

You don't know how he ruined an Australian's life last year?

Do try and keep up Mel (y):D

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Please do mention it as I don't know what you two are on about! :rolleyes:

Surely you've heard about @eddievanbitz and reversing cameras?

You don't know how he ruined an Australian's life last year?

Do try and keep up Mel (y):D

Reversing camera fault and the Australian thought his world had ended cos it didn't work and couldn't contact Eddie.
One born every minute.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ah ... now I understand ... so Eddie was on holiday again was he ... I'm surprise he ever has time for work! :LOL:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I don't know if it is of any help, but we have a dedicated security system, i.e. Built in alarm and imobiliser unit.
There is a key that fits into a unit under the bonnet that will turn the system off there by overriding the settings.
Maybe your system has the same facillity

OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
As it happens I got it going with the help of one of their mechanics who was very helpful even though it was his day off,
which is just as well because things didn't look as I expected them to. I don't believe there are written instructions for this, certainty not detailed.
Also the alarm override looks different than on the instructions - I feel I ought to test it but don't want to as it will be noisy!
If anyone hasn't made themselves clear on overrides on any alarm system I would recommend that they do before they need to!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I don't believe there are written instructions for this, certainty not detailed.

Obviously not.

As with any serious top of the line security system it isn't meant to be tampered with by the user.

If it was easy and obvious for you to mess around with it and bypass it then it would be equally so for any potential thief and therefore be pretty pointless.

I don't even know where they fitted the Non Starter module on my van and I don't need to know.

I know where the Strikeback/Growler box is because I've had to use the override on that which is pretty straightforward if you know the code.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back