c250 toilet cassette (1 Viewer)

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
may be a silly question when the toilet cassette is full with flap closed should i be able to stand it on end without it leaking mine is leaking badly .we were get a urine smell in the motorhome and when i emptied it and cleaned it out ,i refilled to flush it out stood it up and it was leaking a lot not long since had new lip seal do the flap which goes over the lip seal leak any help appreciated

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the blade and main seal should not leak. if the seal was changed, are you certain it didnt kink? if not you need to renew the blade
To soak up spilled urine use cat litter as it also deodorises

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
You should be able to stand it on end... but if it's completely full in fairness you may get a slight leak. (You shouldn't but unless it's brand new or recently serviced it might not be completely pressure tight)
you may find that emptying a little more regularly will help.
If it's not leaking into the toilet housing then the smell will be down to a poor seal .. Probably.
We use a small spray bottle with water and bio liquid in it that we spray before flushing ...
We only use bio liquid in the toilet
We don't get any evil smells ...
First thing would be perhaps to strip the cassette and clean it's internals.
You can buy a refresh kit for about 80 odd quid ... for that you get a new cassette and seat i think. Might be worth considering.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I would have suggested a new lip seal but you have already fitted one, is it fitted correctly?

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I serviced our cassette a few weeks ago by cleaning and oiling the seal and that cured it but what I have noticed since is this..
That as I use the toilet, flush from the integral tank and then open and close the blade, there is a small amount of flushing water that is still running down the side of the toilet that then collects above the seal. I don't mind this as it makes for a more airtight trap above the cassette chamber. But the downside is that if you then slide the cassette out to empty it, the top slider covers this water from sight and when you turn the cassette on end, it looks like the seal is leaking.
I find now that if, before I empty the cassette, I open the blade and leave it open for about 5 seconds before closing, prior to emptying this allows any water on the bowl to empty into the cassette before sliding it out.
I hope this makes sense !!

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
s
I serviced our cassette a few weeks ago by cleaning and oiling the seal and that cured it but what I have noticed since is this..
That as I use the toilet, flush from the integral tank and then open and close the blade, there is a small amount of flushing water that is still running down the side of the toilet that then collects above the seal. I don't mind this as it makes for a more airtight trap above the cassette chamber. But the downside is that if you then slide the cassette out to empty it, the top slider covers this water from sight and when you turn the cassette on end, it looks like the seal is leaking.
I find now that if, before I empty the cassette, I open the blade and leave it open for about 5 seconds before closing, prior to emptying this allows any water on the bowl to empty into the cassette before sliding it out.
I hope this makes sense !!
yup , i do the same

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Demote that one to emergency spare and wash it out put it in the garage, then buy a new one with a refresh kit it is £20+ cheaper getting that way than buying stand alone cassette???? That way you have a bit of reassurance that you can still use it when a dump point is not available and it is full.

OP
OP
gpz

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
thanks for all the replys guys i bought a new round top piece this is a circular disc that the flap sits in and i have changed that i have now found that the join between the lid and the cassette itself is leaking dont know whether there is a seal in there or not going to reseal the lid

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back