Free Member
Jul 28, 2016
mansfield
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
im a newbie
my fiat ducato CARIOCA does not have power steering i am disabled and therefore was wondering how easy is it to fit the electronic power assisted steering and which one would i need.help would be very greatful

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
There's a guy called Chris Hart in Stratford fitted it to a Hymer I know of back in March this year. I think the cost was around £500. If you go onto Facebook and join the Classic Hymers group and search for posts by Lorraine David from around April/March this year you may find some more information. She also made a youtube video of the fitting. I haven't watched the video because I'm on a slow internet connection, but you may find it useful. This isn't any kind of recommendation as I've no idea how well it works, just some more info for you. The youtube link is

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello, and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-7-28_9-8-59.png

You might find it helpful to re-post in this section of the forum:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
@Barclaybasher had it fitted to his van - I know he was really pleased straight after it was fitted - time for an update now it's been on a while?

OP
OP
welshdragon3

welshdragon3

Free Member
Jul 28, 2016
mansfield
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
im a newbie
thank you all very much for your response to my question your replies have been very helpful

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I had hydraulic power steering fitted to a J reg Ducato many years ago. A place down in Dorset, did it in a day and cost was about £500. It made it a different vehicle.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
thank you all very much for your response to my question your replies have been very helpful

Glad the funsters could help you...... There is a lot more to this forum for members and is very worthwhile the £15 subscription....

Hope you join and perhaps you may have some expertise to pass on to others.....

Good luck ...(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back